Hexadecimal Registry Keys and Unwanted Registry Entries

Mark Hobley

Feb 21, 2004, 6:39:41 AM2/21/04
I am going to be compiling a list of registry keys for Windows 95, 98,
'XP and other versions of Windows.

I am looking for information on any known entries to the registry and
the purpose that the entries serve.

If anyone knows the purpose of any of the obscure registry entries.

Please advise.

I also do not require Internet Explorer, MSN, Exchange or Microsoft
Outlook, or any other unneeded Windows components.

If anybody knows of any keys that relate to those, they can listed
also.

There is no need to post obvious entries like:

hkey_local_,machine/software/microsoft/internet explorer/

since its obvious that the entry relates to internet explorer

but things like

hkey_classes_root/clsid/{0002DF01-0000-0000-C0000-000000000046}

are very useful in understanding.

I haven't a clue what purpose the above serves, and whether or not I
can safely delete this key.

Thanks in advance to anyone who contributes.