Re: what controls cursor color (in text, not the mouse pointer)?

Message has been deleted

chuckcar

Jul 15, 2006, 7:12:49 PM7/15/06
see.my.s...@nowhere.com.invalid wrote in
news:v0bga21oo5knvffr4...@4ax.com:

> I've been trying to get more comfortable colors and I changed "window"
> to a pale green. Unfortunately, the light gray cursor shows up very
> poorly on that. I can't see anything in the list of color defs that
> would control it. The only thing that's currently set to that color
> didn't change it when I tested it. Anybody know this little arcane
> tidbit of knowledge? :)

If you load ansi.sys in config.sys, you can use the prompt command in
autoexec.bat to change your cursor colour with ansi control characters.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

J. P. Gilliver

Aug 23, 2006, 1:53:17 PM8/23/06
"chuckcar" <ch...@nil.car> wrote in message
[]
I think that will only affect the colours in DOS boxes, not in Windows
app.s, which I presume is what the OP is asking about, since he mentioned
(a) changing "window", (b) "the list of color defs".