Trouble with winsock2 update

Howard Schwartz

May 25, 2005, 8:11:02 PM5/25/05
I am working with an OEM version of windows 95, version 400.950 B or A
(depending on what screens you read). Several programs appear to require
the updated version of winsock, winsock2.

However, after I run Microsoft's, W95ws2setup.exe, the installation
package for the winsock2 update, I always receive a torrent of sockets
error messages after I reboot. I then reinstall the old winsock1 files,
and everything works again.

I suspect this happens because I have an unusual mix of dll files and
versions of dll from my OEM installation.

Can anyone suggest how I can make the winsock2 update actually work
with my OEM installation of windows 95?

Thanks in advance.

John Dulak

May 26, 2005, 8:25:21 AM5/26/05

Howard:

Have you tried installing DUN 1.4 for Win95? This includes the Ws2
update.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q297774&ID=KB;EN-US;Q297774&

http://download.microsoft.com/download/win95/update/17648/w95/en-us/dun14-95.exe

HTH & GL