Re: Add Printer doesn't work!

1 view
Message has been deleted

MasterBlaster

Jul 2, 2006, 8:03:38 PM7/2/06

> I tried to install this super nifty Bitware FAX program that somebody here
> recommended, but when I try to install the fax as printer, it won't work.

A bit more detail than "it won't work", please. :)

How did you install BitWare, what error messages (if any) did you get,
what kind of modem and what port is it on, that kind of stuff.

From the help files:

During installation, BitWare installed its own print driver. In the Windows
environment, print drivers are shared. Once a print driver is installed and
active, each Windows application can use it.

When you fire up BitWare, do you see a line of big buttons on top?
Is there a green one named Setup? Click it.
Under Modem, does it show your modem?
Under Driver, does it show any kind of printer settings?
Have you tried Help, Contents, Troubleshooting?

> I tried it outside the prog. too, just to see if I could get the dialog.
> Nada :( Am I missing some W95 file? If so, what is it?

Start, Settings, Printers
Is "BitWare Fax Driver" listed?