Win95C--->win95A boob!

Bob

Oct 1, 2008, 2:36:20 PM10/1/08

Quite a while back, when I was happy wit win OS Win95C and seen the
Win95 MS "upgrade" site, and applied the patch to Win95C......later on I
fund out this "patch" was for Version Win95A....it screwed my system....

So after 690 tons of Win95 upgrades, I still get the Win Ver command
as Version A????

I hate to reinstall all that coding and selecting whatever, and
possibly overwriting a critical file like some mfc*32.dll version and not
make any mistakes during the overwrite procedure...

I tried to change the /ver from a to C in the registry, but it
didn;t work that way too good....

Ben Myers

Oct 2, 2008, 8:31:03 AM10/2/08
"Bob" <rk...@armageddon.info> wrote in message news:dng7e4h2fhvrkg3cc...@4ax.com...

> Quite a while back, when I was happy wit win OS Win95C and seen the
> Win95 MS "upgrade" site, and applied the patch to Win95C......later on I
> fund out this "patch" was for Version Win95A....it screwed my system....
<snip>

Please repost with more information, including the name of the patch
and the problems it caused.

Ben

Bob

Oct 3, 2008, 3:11:32 AM10/3/08
On Thu, 2 Oct 2008 08:31:03 -0400, "Ben Myers"
<benj...@REMOVEmindspring.com> wrote:

|>"Bob" <rk...@armageddon.info> wrote in message news:dng7e4h2fhvrkg3cc...@4ax.com...
|>>
|>> Quite a while back, when I was happy wit win OS Win95C and seen the
|>> Win95 MS "upgrade" site, and applied the patch to Win95C......later on I
|>> fund out this "patch" was for Version Win95A....it screwed my system....
|><snip>

The system did not suffer any damages, after all the individual
re-upgrades, and installs most W98 programs as well, but a few view it as
Win Ver 4*/Revision A and don't like to install on it.....

|>Please repost with more information, including the name of the patch
|>and the problems it caused.

The up/downgrade patch for Win ver 4*/revision A has since been long
gone from the MS site, and just says my system is Revision Win revision
A.....I guess if I re-installed the latest Win95, it would just cost more
fiascos somewhere with all the variant similar named files of which the
newer is not the better.