IsDerivedFrom and CRuntimeClass used from a DLL

Frederick Isaac

Aug 10, 2004, 7:20:58 PM8/10/04

briefly I have a .dll that has a CFormView derived class in it.
My main application is trying to put this into a splitter window.

As the CSplitterWnd uses the CreateView to place a view in one of the
panes
I placed the following in me .dll along with my form

__declspec(dllexport) CRuntimeClass* getRTClass() { return
RUNTIME_CLASS(CMyFormView); }

I then do

hlib = LoadLibrary("...")
lpfn=GetProcAddress(hlib, "getRTClass");

splitterWnd->CreateView(0, 1, lpfn, pContext);

This fails in the IsDerivedFrom call within the CreateView call. I
debugged it and although the call actually does find a CWnd class the
comparison is a literal compare which have different addresses??? The
call then fails once it gets beyond the CObject class.

Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated

Freddy