Cross Platform Development

Ralph Krausse

Jul 16, 2004, 2:22:19 PM7/16/04
I am looking for some info and opinions on cross platform development.
We wish to port/create applications for Windows and Unix. Now I am NOT
a UNIX person so when I say UNIX, I am saying Red Hat, Linspire, Suse,
Solarix, etc. I am not sure if these all fall under the UNIX umbrella
but I am putting them there till I am told differently. I am looking
for products that will let me build my application using Visual Studio
and then cross compile it for different targets, hopefully within VC.
Does something like this exist?

--
Thanks

Ralph Krausse
www.consiliumsoft.com
Use the START button? Then you need CSFastRunII...
A new kind of application launcher integrated in the taskbar!
ScreenShot - http://www.consiliumsoft.com/ScreenShot.jpg

Jussi Jumppanen

Jul 26, 2004, 1:56:28 PM7/26/04
Ralph Krausse wrote:

> I am looking for some info and opinions on cross platform development.
> We wish to port/create applications for Windows and Unix. Now I am NOT
> a UNIX person so when I say UNIX, I am saying Red Hat, Linspire, Suse,
> Solarix, etc. I am not sure if these all fall under the UNIX umbrella
> but I am putting them there till I am told differently. I am looking
> for products that will let me build my application using Visual Studio
> and then cross compile it for different targets, hopefully within VC.
> Does something like this exist?

If your applicatin has a GUI component I would suggestion taking
a look at wxWidgets found here:

http://www.wxwindows.org/

Jussi Jumppanen
Author of: Zeus for Windows, Win32 (Brief, WordStar, Emacs) Text Editor
"The C/C++, Java, HTML, FTP, Python, PHP, Perl programmer's editor"
http://www.zeusedit.com