MSVC 7.1 preprocessor bug?

Burc Arpat

Aug 2, 2004, 12:15:03 PM8/2/04
Hi,

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, sorry if not.

Is there a known preprocessor bug in MSVC 7.1? I am experiencing a
rather strange problem. Even with some rather simple #defines, the
compiler fails to compile the code that compiles just fine on Intel 8
under Linux and GCC 3.3 under both Linux and Windows. What's really
weird is, when I turn on the output for preprocessor, i.e. when I
actually force MSVC to produce the preprocessed file, the files
compile just fine! I have seen this weird situation a couple of times
now. Searched MSDN and googled for it but couldn't find any
information.

Thanks in advance,

Burch