The future of winapi?

Heinrich

Jul 21, 2004, 10:32:14 PM7/21/04
What do you think is the future of the win32 api?

Simon

Jul 28, 2004, 7:24:35 PM7/28/04
> What do you think is the future of the win32 api?

From what I have heard, there are going to be A LOT of changes. The
main concept with the .NET initiative, which MS is pushing really
hard, is that it will become harder and harder to get to the standard
WinAPI at the OS level. This means that down the track, they will be
looking to start a phase out of the API you are used to and a phase in
of .NET only programming. In short, .NET appears to be the way of OS
interaction for the future (on MS platforms only, is my guess).

Simon Hayden
http://www.AutoUpdatePlus.com
Get software updates to your clients the Quick and Easy way!