Windows MFC/Win32 question

Adrian Hawryluk

Jun 6, 2007, 12:14:37 PM6/6/07
Hi all, I have two questions:

1. Does anybody know if there is a way of changing the font in the title
bar of a tool window (dialogue window with the tool bit set)?

1a. If I were to change it, would it cause the height of the title bar
to change if the font was not as tall, like if I changed it in the
control panel.

2. Also, is there a way of calculating the *minimum size* of a checkbox
with text? I was going to approach this by:

+---+ +---------------------+
| | | Check box text |
+---+ +---------------------+
Rect A Rect B

1. somehow getting the rects of the checkbox(A) and the text box(B)
2. creating a rect that is a union of the two(C) (because height of
A and B may not be the same)
3. Calc the rect of the text “Check box text” (D)
4. C.right = B.left + D.Width()

But I’m not sure how to get the rects of the checkbox and the text box.

I am using MFC and Visual Studio 6.0 if that matters. I am in the
middle of the project so moving to a different paradigm is not possible,
but descriptions on how it can be done in different paradigms are of
interest, though not necessarily helpful at this time.

Thanks,

Adrian
\/Adrian_Hawryluk BSc. - Specialties: UML, OOPD, Real-Time Systems\/
\ _---_ Q. What are you doing here? _---_ /
\ / | A. Just surf'n the net, teaching and | \ /
\__/___\___ learning, learning and teaching. You?_____/___\__/
\/______[blog:__http://adrians-musings.blogspot.com/]______\/