Win98SE alt. boot floppy to test a XMS manager

Harry Potter

May 2, 2021, 7:32:09 PMMay 2
Hi! I just downloaded a DOS memory manager from the internet called JEMM and want to test it out on a Win98SE computer via a DOS boot-up floppy. I want the floppy to start from the floppy but then boot to Windows and allow me to remove the floppy and use it for other purposes. I can format the floppy. What files do I need to put on the floppy? BTW, I use DriveSpace.

Harry Potter

May 2, 2021, 8:12:09 PMMay 2
Never mind. I tried it for a special DOS setup to network to a DOS laptop to act as a hard drive, and it didn't work well. I will scrap JEMM.

JJ

May 2, 2021, 10:28:24 PMMay 2
Wrong newsgroup. Again.