Unable to reinstall USB drivers in Win98SE

macruzq

Nov 5, 2008, 9:41:10 AM11/5/08
Hi everybody!

I was working fine with my Kingston Data Traveler 256 MB and 4 GB
Transcend USB memory sticks under Win98SE. Then I got a 2GB Kingston
and, because this one cannot be read under Win98SE, I decided to
install the generic driver from

[http://www.technical-assistance.co.uk/kb/usbmsd98.php].

After having installed this driver, my computer went extremely
unstable so, I decided to remove it and ... how do I reinstall the
original drivers or, at least, how can I make the plug-and-play system
to recognize the hardware and reinstall the drivers?

After making some reinstallations, at one point, the memory could be
read, but did not show up in Windows Explorer. Then I kept on trying,
the worst happened: no detection of any usb device connected.

What I want to do is:

1. Restore the USB drivers that came originally with Win98SE. (of
course, I have my Windows Installation disk)

2. After this, I presume that I could be able to reinstall the
Kingston driver and reinstall the
Transcend driver, (both of them worked fine before)

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Marco.

------------------------------------
Freedom is not permission for chaos.

Jerome

Nov 6, 2008, 4:56:43 PM11/6/08
macruzq wrote:
> Hi everybody!
> ..

> What I want to do is:
>
> 1. Restore the USB drivers that came originally with Win98SE. (of
> course, I have my Windows Installation disk)
>
> 2. After this, I presume that I could be able to reinstall the
> Kingston driver and reinstall the
> Transcend driver, (both of them worked fine before)
>
> Any help will be appreciated.

These are not programming questions.
You should ask on a Windows user group
And Win98SE is not supported anymore :