Is this possible ?

IamThat

May 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/2/98

Hi, all.

I'm writing a VxD.

My VxD wake up my ring3 thread through _VWIN32_SetEvent.
BTW,
My ring3 thread does not wake up while the task manager is
running.(ctrl+alt+del)

at this point,
How to wake up & execute my ring3 thread ?
and Is this possible ?
Please tell me.

Thanks in advance.

Michael Knigge

May 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/3/98

IamThat schrieb in Nachricht <6ictjr$p32$1...@newstmp1.bora.net>...

>My VxD wake up my ring3 thread through _VWIN32_SetEvent.

>My ring3 thread does not wake up while the task manager is
>running.(ctrl+alt+del)

As far as I know, if the SAS was pressed (ctrl+alt+delete), all User
Applications are stopped for security reasons (so no application can invoke
the SAS-Dialog and hook the password entry field, for example).

Perhaps you should try to implement you ring-3 application as a service....
maybe this can help....

Bye
Michael

Geoff Chappell

May 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/6/98

Michael Knigge <kn...@harlie.han.de> wrote in article
<6ii6fc$4b2$1...@harlie.han.de>...

> As far as I know, if the SAS was pressed (ctrl+alt+delete), all User
> Applications are stopped for security reasons (so no application can
invoke
> the SAS-Dialog and hook the password entry field, for example).

It may be for security on some systems, and it may be that on Windows 95,
security is still among the goals. There is also some reasoning specific
to Windows 95 and which is perhaps clearer with reference to history.

In Windows 3.10 with LocalReboot=on, pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del calls up only a
text screen. In Windows 95, it calls up a graphical dialog. For this to be
possible in the fairly arbitrary circumstances in which response to
Ctrl-Alt-Del is required, and given that graphical resources in the System
VM are implemented in a user-level fake system and are subject to very
broad serialisation, the reliable production of a graphical dialog from
pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del pretty much requires some very special mechanisms
for stealing all the vaguely related resources and stopping any
conflicting execution.

--
Geoff Chappell
Consulting Software Analyst

For email address change host to ozemail.com.au
Web site in directory ~geoffch at www.ozemail.com.au