Memory Mapped register access in USB device

ravis

Nov 26, 2009, 2:44:37 AM11/26/09

Is it possible to access USB device registers through memory mapped I/
O.

The windows miniport driver for USB WLAN card that I have use bulk
read/write operations to access USB device's registers, which is very
slow and doesn't take constant time. On the other hand the driver
written for CardBus WLAN card uses memory mapped I/O access CardBus
device register ,which is very fast. I want to access USB registers in
negligible and constant time (in order of 1/2 microseconds) is there a
way to do this or can we use memory mapped register I/O on USB
platform?

Thanks in advance.

- Ravi