New GUI Tools for Batch Files

Robert Kiesling

Jul 26, 2012, 3:38:51 PM7/26/12
Because at least once in a while I'm like a lot of programmers, when I
want want better input and output in batch files. So I wrote the
Console Dialogs package, which lets you can add graphical input and
output tools to batch file programs.

The programs are shareware and require Windows XP and .NET 4.x. You
can find it at:

http://sites.google.com/site/ConsoleDialogs.

The package includes a message box, a yes/no box, a text entry dialog,
and a progress bar. All of them are self-contained and convenient to
use in whatever directory you find convenient for batch file jobs.

Two of the dialogs, the text entry and yes/no dialogs, allow you to
use the information in environment variables, so batch files can use
the information that the user inputs. The Console Dialogs are also
compatible with enhanced command shells and UNIX file utilities.

Download Link:
http://sites.google.com/site/ConsoleDialogs/home/ConsoleDialogs%201.0.zip

The Console Dialogs package is based (loosely) on the XShell package
for UNIX and other platforms which use the X Window System. You can
find the XShell package at: http://sites.google.com/site/unixb4coffee.

Thanks and enjoy,

unixb4...@gmail.com