Error while booting into partial checked build distributed with WDK ***Unable to import ZwAlpcOpenSenderProcess from image pdc.sys***

२३ भ्यु
नपढिएको पहिलो सन्देशमा जानुहोस्

shajip...@gmail.com

नपढिएको,
२०१८ सेप्टेम्बर ६, ०४:३७:३४१८/९/६
प्रापक
Hi Gurus,
I’m trying to brush up my long unused Windows driver development knowledge (worked on driver development way back in 2009).

My system is running on Windows 10.
I installed a VmWare image of Windows 8.1 (provided by Microsoft for download) on to this.

In the VmWare image, I installed WDK for Windows 8.1.
Then I followed https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/ff547188(v=vs.96) to install the partial checked build of Windows 8.1 and make the vm image dual boot.
I copied
a. ntkrnlmp.exe
b. hal.dll
They were the only files available in the winv6.3 directory in the Windows kit directory. I renamed them to ntkrnlmp.chk and hal.chk as described in the article. I used the bcdedit to create a new boot menu entry and set the boot debug option too.
But when I select the debug boot option from the boot menu, the system fails to boot.
When I connect the WinDbg from Windows 10 host using named pipe, I get the following output
*** Windows is unable to verify the signature of
the file \Windows\system32\ntkrnlmp.chk. It will be allowed to load
because the boot debugger is enabled.
*** Windows is unable to verify the signature of
the file \Windows\system32\hal.chk. It will be allowed to load
because the boot debugger is enabled.
Unable to import ZwAlpcOpenSenderProcess from image pdc.sys (c0000098)
*** Fatal Error 0x00000001 :
(0x0000000000000003, 0xFFFFF802DC6CF062, 0xFFFFF802DA3C9410, 0xFFFFFFFFC0000098)

Break instruction exception - code 80000003 (first chance)
winload!BlStatusError+0x43:
00000000`008ab4eb cc int 3
Both HAL and Kernel are loaded. When I continue, the target goes to recovery mode.
Can anyone please tell me why this happens?
Is it because of the version incompatibility of the copied files with the rest of the system?
Any help will be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Shaji
0 नयाँ म्यासेजहरू