IOCTL_SCSI_PASS_THROUGH_DIRECT BSOD

John

May 7, 2014, 8:34:15 PM5/7/14

I inherited a disk lower filter driver project that besides other things catches DeviceControl requests specifically IOCTL_SCSI_PASS_THROUGH and IOCTL_SCSI_PASS_THROUGH_DIRECT.
I just discovered a bug that caused the blue screen. In some cases the driver sets a completion routine with the idea of modifying some of the data before it is returned to the caller.
But the driver code is taking the user mode buffer pointer from the SCSI_PASS_THROUGH_DIRECT structure which is wrong.
Now my question is what is the right way to access that buffer safely in the driver completion routine?

Thanks a lot,
John