Path contains nonexistant c:\winddk\tools\sdv

andrew_...@yahoo.com

Aug 8, 2013, 5:14:53 PM8/8/13
I am fairly new to c programming.

Got these error messages and the actual path is below them.
I can see that the path is missing some directories that I take are needed.

How can I get it to compile ? There are a few question that in the next section.

Thanks.

x86
path contains nonexistant c:\winddk\tools\sdv\bin, removing
path contains nonexistant c:\winddk\bin\x86\oacr, removing
path contains nonexistant c:\winddk\tools\pfd\bin\bin\x86, removing
path contains nonexistant c:\winddk\tools\tracing\i386, removing
path contains nonexistant c:\winddk\bin\x86, removing
path contains nonexistant c:\winddk\bin\x86\x86, removing
path contains nonexistant c:\winddk\bin\selfsign, removing

PATH=c:\WinDDK\tools\sdv\bin;c:\WinDDK\bin\x86\oacr;c:\WinDDK\tools\pfd\bin\bin\x86;c:\WinDDK\tools\tracing\i386;c:\WinDDK\bin\x86;c:\WinDDK\bin\x86\x86;c:\WinDDK\bin\SelfSign;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\system32\WBEM;

makefile

This is someone elses makefile for the driver.

Does sources have to have the complete path ?

!INCLUDE $(NTMAKEENV)\makefile.def
sources

TARGETNAME=bangbangbust
TARGETTYPE=DRIVER
TARGETPATH=obj
SOURCES = bangbangbust.c

Tim Roberts

Aug 11, 2013, 9:38:16 PM8/11/13
andrew_...@yahoo.com wrote:

>I am fairly new to c programming.
>
>Got these error messages and the actual path is below them.
>I can see that the path is missing some directories that I take are needed.
>
>How can I get it to compile ?

You need to install the Windows driver kit. It looks like either you
haven't done that yet, or you installed the Windows 8 WDK, which no longer
uses "sources" and "makefile" at all.

>This is someone elses makefile for the driver.
>
>Does sources have to have the complete path ?

No, but it needs to be run on a system that has the Windows driver kit
installed, and it needs to be run with a WDK "build environment". When you
install the WDK (prior to Windows 8), it creates Start Menu shortcuts for
you for the various versions. For example, "Build Environments" ->
"Windows 7" -> x86 Checked Build Environment.
--
Tim Roberts, ti...@probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.