Programmatically setting the workgroup

Christina Sahhar

Feb 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/23/99
Does anyone know of a way to set the workgroup programmatically under NT
4.0? A registry hack? Something?

Christie

Kenneth Lafond

Feb 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/24/99
Or for that matter, the domain?

Kenneth

Christina Sahhar

Feb 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/25/99
Ok. I've found some sample code that will let me set the domain or
workgroup name. (See article ID Q170620). However, I can't find any
documentation on the api it uses.
It's the Lsa (local security authority) api. There's nothing on MSDN that
I can find.

Any suggestions? Recommended books? It had a nasty side effect when I used
it to set the workgroup. I couldn't rejoin the domain manually. I had to
do it programmatically.

Thanks,
Christie

Roland Richter

Feb 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/26/99

There is a file lsaapi.hlp containing the documentation.
You can find it for example on Microsofts Visual C++ CD.

Roland

--
roland....@urz.uni-heidelberg.de