RichEdit wrong list numbering with letters

w.p.

Mar 29, 2010, 3:15:42 PM3/29/10
Hello!

I use CRichEditCtrl ver. 4.1 and try use advanced functions of this
control. Unfortunately I have some weird problems. For example when I
use numbered paragraphs with letters (PARAFORMAT2.wNumbering = 3 or 4)
I get:

a. item 1
b. item 2
z. item 26
aa. item 27
ab. item 28
..
yy. item 675
yz. item 676
a'a item 677 - why!? should be "za"!
a'b item 678 ("zb)"
a'z item 702 ("zz")
aaa. item 703

When I start list with PARAFORMAT2.wNumberingStart = 677 I got the
same error :/
How to fix it? It's MS error? Mayby I must write my own auto-list
code
I use TOM interface too but error still happen.

In old richedit control this error exists too :/

Very simple project (C++ VS 2003) with this error :
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4536598/rich_edit.zip

I use code:

PARAFORMAT2 pf;
memset(&pf, 0, sizeof(pf));
pf.cbSize = sizeof(pf);
pf.dwMask = PFM_NUMBERING | PFM_NUMBERINGSTYLE | PFM_NUMBERINGSTART;
pf.wNumbering = 3;
pf.wNumberingStyle = 0x200 | 0x8000; //0x400
pf.wNumberingStart = 677;
mvEditor.SetParaFormat(pf);

Best regards
W.