Strange mouse

1 view

Michel

Feb 3, 2004, 1:24:18 PM2/3/04
Because the left button of my serial mouse doesn't react no more, I
had to change the mouse (WinNT 4.0 sp6, Pentium I, 200Mhz).
I bought a Kensington 3Button-ValuMouse (with a PS/2-connector +
PS/2-to-serial-adapter) and downloaded the driver for it (the original
diskettes didn't work).
The installation went good, in de config page for the mouse, the
Kensington-mouse is displayed and in de system tray a little
mouse-icon is displayed. But, there is no movement in the
mouse-cursor.
When I attach the previous mouse again it moves fine (but with the
dead button) and when a attach the Kensington-mouse with the
PS/2-connector to a XP-PC it moves and clicks well. So it seems
something (in windows) (from my first mouse?) is blocking the
Kensington one on my PC.
Do I need to delete something or any other suggestions? (P.S. In the
installation instructions they mention a Mouse Mode Switch, a little
switch right to the ball, but there isn't one installed by
Kensington).
Thanks in advance.
Michel

philo

Feb 11, 2004, 1:38:15 PM2/11/04

"Michel" <michel_...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

unless the mouse was *specifically* designed to work with a serial
adaptor it will not work... you need to get a real serial mouse