NT WS 4.0 RC 2.3

Anders Gardlund

Jul 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/17/96

I have just installed NT WS 4.0 build 1362 (RC 2.3), and it looks nice
so far.
The infamous delay when connecting to a Network drive is gone,
and the Taskbar has not hung in open position yet.
Performance feels better than Beta 2, but I have to confirm that
with a benchmark program.

Regards
Anders

Anders Gardlund Anders....@skanska.se
Skanska Data AB
182 25 DANDERYD
SWEDEN

Unknown

Jul 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/20/96

On Wed, 17 Jul 1996 13:33:29 GMT, Anders....@skanska.se (Anders
Gardlund) wrote:

>I have just installed NT WS 4.0 build 1362 (RC 2.3), and it looks nice
>so far.
>The infamous delay when connecting to a Network drive is gone,
>and the Taskbar has not hung in open position yet.

By the way...

As of build 1369 (or perhaps slightly earlier) Microsoft dropped the
Release Candidate (RC) indicator from the Build header. Looks like
we're getting close.

LordShrimp

Jul 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/20/96

Can someone confirm that each release candidate keeps getting larger
and larger.

1369 decompressed to over 166MB!

Why the dramatic increase in size compared to beta 2???

Thanks for any info...also, how is build 1369 running for everyone?

Donald van de Weyer

Jul 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/21/96

On Sat, 20 Jul 1996 15:19:40 GMT, an63...@anon.penet.fi (LordShrimp) wrote:

>Can someone confirm that each release candidate keeps getting larger
>and larger.
>
>1369 decompressed to over 166MB!
>
>Why the dramatic increase in size compared to beta 2???

That's because they are interim builds. All the "official" releases are packed
as *.??_

The interim builds, leaked out of MS, are unpacked (and most prppably illegal)

Donald

\^o^o/
,^ ( ..)
---------------oOOo--| \ \--oOOo----------------------------
'''' \ `^--^ ''''
Donald van de Weyer \ \ \
^--^
e-mail: don...@demag.rwth-aachen.de
talk: don...@donald.demag.rwth-aachen.de
WWW: http://www.demag.rwth-aachen.de/Donald

.oo0O O0oo.
( ) ( )
------------------\ (-----) /---------------------------------
\_)___(_/
^\ |___|
\ `^^^__ /
`------´

Rich Wagenknecht

Jul 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/26/96

Donald van de Weyer <don...@demag.rwth-aachen.de> wrote in article
<31f1fb7a...@news.rwth-aachen.de>...

> The interim builds, leaked out of MS, are unpacked (and most prppably
illegal)

> Donald

These builds are not illegal. They were distributed to those who
participated in
the beta (by submitting bug reports) or to others who had a pressing need.

Rich