When will NT 4.0 be released??

catherine mason

Jun 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/28/96
Does anyone know when NT 4.0 will be released??

Juerg Reimann

Jun 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/28/96
When the beta phase is over :-) MS says in this summer, but you know what
that means...

Juerg

Paul Cooper

Jun 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/28/96
catherine mason wrote:

> Does anyone know when NT 4.0 will be released??

I doubt if even Micro$oft can give you a definitive answer. Read their
press release and then add 6 months. That should get you close !!!!

Bob Guzek

Jun 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/28/96

catherine mason <cma...@icu.com> wrote:

>Does anyone know when NT 4.0 will be released??

Supposedly August of this year. The expected date was December (late
1996), but Microsoft is feeling like the Beta is going pretty well &
moved up the date.

Gary A. Cerkas

Jun 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/29/96
The following transmission from catherine mason <cma...@icu.com> has
been posted:

>Does anyone know when NT 4.0 will be released??

Looks like early August at this point, since someone mentioned
yesterday that Release Candidate 1 has just been released to
manufacturing. This may be true or not -- all I'm saying is what
someone else has stated. Does this constitute the beginning of a
rumor? Hmmm.

- Gary

email: ceri...@indirect.com
site: http://www.indirect.com/www/ceridgac/index.html
NTSite: http://www.indirect.com/www/ceridgac/ntsite.html

Nik Simpson

Jun 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/29/96
In article <4r2726$b...@globe.indirect.com>, ceri...@indirect.com says...

>The following transmission from catherine mason <cma...@icu.com> has
>been posted:
>
>>Does anyone know when NT 4.0 will be released??
>
>Looks like early August at this point, since someone mentioned
>yesterday that Release Candidate 1 has just been released to
>manufacturing. This may be true or not -- all I'm saying is what
>someone else has stated. Does this constitute the beginning of a
>rumor? Hmmm.

RC1 is released (#1345), I think only to major OEMs. I don't think it has gone
to manufacturing as such, the RTM happens later and almost certainly on a lter
build than 1345.

--
Nik Simpson

Darren Jeffrey

Jun 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/29/96

August 24 is a date which is talked about.

> catherine mason <cma...@icu.com> wrote in article
<31D373...@icu.com>...

Paul Thurrott

Jul 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/1/96

August or September. The first release candidate was sent
to testers last week.

Paul

Paul Thurrott

Jul 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/1/96

It's true: InfoWorld confirmed today that RC1 was sent
to testers last week.

Paul

PS: So where's mine, MS?????

<4r2726$b...@globe.indirect.com>...

> The following transmission from catherine mason <cma...@icu.com> has
> been posted:
>

> >Does anyone know when NT 4.0 will be released??
>

> Looks like early August at this point, since someone mentioned
> yesterday that Release Candidate 1 has just been released to
> manufacturing. This may be true or not -- all I'm saying is what
> someone else has stated. Does this constitute the beginning of a
> rumor? Hmmm.
>

> - Gary

Fergus Hammond

Jul 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/1/96

In article <01bb651c.83be0a20$200286c1@p100>, "Juerg Reimann"
<juerg_...@active.ch> wrote:

> When the beta phase is over :-) MS says in this summer, but you know what
> that means...

You might be very surprised...

fergus

--
Fergus Hammond Adobe Systems, Inc.
fham...@adobe.com http://www.aa.net/~fergus

Fergus Hammond

Jul 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/4/96

In article <01bb67b7.e9435240$6880...@netwrx.netwrx.net>, "Paul Thurrott"
<thur...@netwrx.net> wrote:

> August or September. The first release candidate was sent
> to testers last week.

I'd bet my Alpha that it'll be earlier than that.

Gary

Jul 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/4/96

Paul Thurrott wrote:

> August or September. The first release candidate was sent
> to testers last week.
>
> Paul
>
> > catherine mason <cma...@icu.com> wrote in article
> <31D373...@icu.com>...
> > Does anyone know when NT 4.0 will be released??

Just talked to MS yesterday, they are saying early Sept. I had heard from
them a week ago it would be early Aug. but it has been pushed back.

Paul Thurrott

Jul 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/5/96

Fergus Hammond <fham...@adobe.com> wrote in article
<fhammond-040...@enquirer.mv.us.adobe.com>...

> In article <01bb67b7.e9435240$6880...@netwrx.netwrx.net>, "Paul
Thurrott"
> <thur...@netwrx.net> wrote:

> > August or September. The first release candidate was sent
> > to testers last week.

> I'd bet my Alpha that it'll be earlier than that.

I think you're right: I just heard July 31 was given the go.

Paul

Erich Heintz

Jul 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/6/96

On Mon, 1 Jul 1996 18:44:10 -0700, "Paul Thurrott"
<thur...@netwrx.net> wrote:

>> >Does anyone know when NT 4.0 will be released??
>>

>> Looks like early August at this point, since someone mentioned
>> yesterday that Release Candidate 1 has just been released to
>> manufacturing. This may be true or not -- all I'm saying is what
>> someone else has stated. Does this constitute the beginning of a
>> rumor? Hmmm.

FACT! Release Candidate 1.3 is out (and has been for about a week)
BUILD #1345 for Workstation and #1353 for Server are the latest I've
seen so far.

Bill Bosacker

Jul 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/9/96

Erich....@worldnet.att.net (Erich Heintz) wrote:

Thats a little suspect as both Workstation and Server use the same
build/code with different compile/linking options. There is a rumor
that if engineering can get it RTM by July 31, they will get an extra
week of vacation. I can't see this happening as there are some show
stoppers in the new NTFS code that haven't even been addressed yet.

Later daazzzz......

Fred A. Miller

Jul 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/9/96

w...@netcom.com (Bill Bosacker) wrote:

[snip]

>>FACT! Release Candidate 1.3 is out (and has been for about a week)
>>BUILD #1345 for Workstation and #1353 for Server are the latest I've
>>seen so far.

>Thats a little suspect as both Workstation and Server use the same
>build/code with different compile/linking options. There is a rumor
>that if engineering can get it RTM by July 31, they will get an extra
>week of vacation. I can't see this happening as there are some show
>stoppers in the new NTFS code that haven't even been addressed yet.

Yep.....look for late Aug. or 1st of Sept. for release.

Fred

Jensen Harris

Jul 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/9/96

On Sat, 06 Jul 1996 07:01:46 GMT, Erich....@worldnet.att.net (Erich
Heintz) wrote:

>>> Looks like early August at this point, since someone mentioned
>>> yesterday that Release Candidate 1 has just been released to
>>> manufacturing. This may be true or not -- all I'm saying is what
>>> someone else has stated. Does this constitute the beginning of a
>>> rumor? Hmmm.
>

>FACT! Release Candidate 1.3 is out (and has been for about a week)
>BUILD #1345 for Workstation and #1353 for Server are the latest I've
>seen so far.

Build 1345 of both Workstation and Server are RC1. They are build
simultaneously and daily.

Jensen

--
The opinions expressed in this message are my own personal views
and do not reflect the official views of Microsoft Corporation.

Erich Heintz

Jul 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/12/96

On Tue, 09 Jul 1996 04:53:41 GMT, t-je...@microsoft.com (Jensen
Harris) wrote:

>On Sat, 06 Jul 1996 07:01:46 GMT, Erich....@worldnet.att.net (Erich
>Heintz) wrote:

>>FACT! Release Candidate 1.3 is out (and has been for about a week)
>>BUILD #1345 for Workstation and #1353 for Server are the latest I've
>>seen so far.

>Build 1345 of both Workstation and Server are RC1. They are build
>simultaneously and daily.

I just atated what I have seen. I HAVE seen Build 1345 for Workstation
and Build 1353 for Server.

And actually Build 1345 is NOT RC1, it's RC1.3.

--Erich

George A. Brown II

Jul 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/12/96

From what M$ told me on Monday, only 200+- beta testers would receive RC1.
They were based on how many bug reports they sent in and I would be safe
to say that the same will hold true for RC2.

<01bb67b8.07e7dd60$6880...@netwrx.netwrx.net>...
> It's true: InfoWorld confirmed today that RC1 was sent
> to testers last week.
>

> Paul
>
> PS: So where's mine, MS?????
>
> > ceri...@indirect.com (Gary A. Cerkas) wrote in article
> <4r2726$b...@globe.indirect.com>...
> > The following transmission from catherine mason <cma...@icu.com> has
> > been posted:
> >

> > >Does anyone know when NT 4.0 will be released??
> >
> > Looks like early August at this point, since someone mentioned
> > yesterday that Release Candidate 1 has just been released to
> > manufacturing. This may be true or not -- all I'm saying is what
> > someone else has stated. Does this constitute the beginning of a
> > rumor? Hmmm.

Robert Schlabbach

Jul 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/12/96

In article <01bb7017.14451110$170cf3a1@jsogis> "George A. Brown II" <547...@mail.itd.ci.jax.fl.us> writes:
>From what M$ told me on Monday, only 200+- beta testers would receive RC1.
> They were based on how many bug reports they sent in and I would be safe
>to say that the same will hold true for RC2.

Thanks, now I feel really special! :^)

(I figured that not many would have gotten a release that came on CD-Rs...)

--
Robert Schlabbach
e-Mail: schl...@sp.zrz.TU-Berlin.DE

Jason Zions

Jul 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/12/96

Can you talk a little about the NTFS showstoppers that still exist in
1345.3 (just received it from MS)? I'd kinda like to know what's already
known so I don't bother reporting it if/when I trip over it. (Also, so I
don't waste time trying to run it down.)

I know that 1345.3 *fixes* a couple critical NTFS bugs...

Jason

Anders Gardlund

Jul 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/15/96

On Fri, 12 Jul 1996 05:50:06 GMT, Erich....@worldnet.att.net (Erich
Heintz) wrote:

>On Tue, 09 Jul 1996 04:53:41 GMT, t-je...@microsoft.com (Jensen
>Harris) wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 06 Jul 1996 07:01:46 GMT, Erich....@worldnet.att.net (Erich
>>Heintz) wrote:
>
>>>FACT! Release Candidate 1.3 is out (and has been for about a week)
>>>BUILD #1345 for Workstation and #1353 for Server are the latest I've
>>>seen so far.
>
>>Build 1345 of both Workstation and Server are RC1. They are build
>>simultaneously and daily.
>
>I just atated what I have seen. I HAVE seen Build 1345 for Workstation
>and Build 1353 for Server.
>
>And actually Build 1345 is NOT RC1, it's RC1.3.
>
>--Erich

I扉e just received Workstation Build 1360, I believe it's called RC2.

Anders Gardlund Anders....@skanska.se
Skanska Data AB
182 25 DANDERYD
SWEDEN