HowTO - ADMIN Login AS another User??

h...@starnetwx.net

Apr 8, 2005, 10:29:51 AM4/8/05
windows 2000 - 2003

In *nix O/S's the root user can actually switch to a user's account AS
IF they WERE that user.
This allows admin to test criteria AS THAT USER.

Can this be done with windows????

tia - Ned

jamen

Apr 8, 2005, 10:48:19 AM4/8/05

You can use the 'runas' command and open cmd.exe. All programs executed
from this new prompt will be restricted

h...@starnetwx.net

Apr 8, 2005, 1:16:04 PM4/8/05
Jamen,

Tx for your reply -

I should have been more specific -
I DO NOT know the user's password.

As administrator - I SHOULD NOT NEED to know it - but I don't see how I
can run something as another user without knowing their password.

I mentioned unix because in unix you authenticate AS "administrator"
(root), and then - you can become any user you want - WITHOUT knowing
their password.