Constanting dropping of connection driving me nuts!

1 view

Steve

Mar 27, 2005, 7:50:46 PM3/27/05
I can't stop my systems from dropping the connection roughly every 5
minutes. When it happens I get a "Network cable is unplugged" then the
router resets (all the lights go off), turns back on and within 5 seconds
the internet connection is back.

4 Computers, 1 wired 3 wireless
Usually 2 running at a time
Blitzz 54mbps Wireless G Router

Enabled WEP
Disabled IEEE
Disabled Ethernet power saving
Forced static IP's
Forced 100 full duplex
Reset modem/Router

Any ideals?

Steve

Mar 27, 2005, 7:51:05 PM3/27/05
Sorry Windows XP

"Steve" <steve...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

StoneWare

Mar 28, 2005, 2:29:40 AM3/28/05

"Steve" <steve...@hotmail.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> [...]

Have you located the problem to one point........I mean, have you tried
removing you router from your system, to see if it's a XP problem....

I can see you have one wired PC on your system , so it must be possible to
remove the router, and try the cabled PC only !!

> Any ideals?

Steve

Mar 28, 2005, 9:02:59 PM3/28/05
I connected directly to the modem and it has worked for 30 mins with no
disconnect. This is a real improvement. I was playing the the router MTU
settings and found that when set lower it would disconnect more frequently.
Right now I have it set at 1454. I tried 1492 & 1482.

Could the MTU setting be causing this? If so how do I find the correct
value.

Steve

"StoneWare" <HejM...@NoSpam.Net> wrote in message

StoneWare

Mar 29, 2005, 2:36:53 AM3/29/05

"Steve" <sko...@sympatico.ca> skrev i en meddelelse

>I connected directly to the modem and it has worked for 30 mins with no
>disconnect. This is a real improvement. I was playing the the router MTU
>settings and found that when set lower it would disconnect more frequently.
>Right now I have it set at 1454. I tried 1492 & 1482.
>
> Could the MTU setting be causing this? If so how do I find the correct
> value.

Sorry Steve, that is out of my territory, hope someone else can help you !