Re: (aic78xx) ReBoot Problem

Robert LaCasse

Nov 4, 2007, 12:39:57 PM11/4/07

On Sun, 4 Nov 2007 16:37:43 +0000 (UTC), Cydrome Leader
<pres...@MUNGEpanix.com> wrote:

|>Robert LaCasse <wiz...@french-connection.cid> wrote:

|>> What do you mean try again....are you being facetious or are
|>> questioning the 2 2940U/W cards using the .......aic78xx.mpd or the scsi2
|>> using the sparrow.mpd?
|>
|>he's talking to himself, or voices in his head.
|>
|>Notice his mode of operation. Somebody says something that he thinks is
|>wrong. He won't and can't correct what they said, so he throws out a
|>simple few word reply. He does this because he's pretty wrong most of the
|>time anyways, and doesn't understand anything technical enough to actually
|>provide a meaningful reply in the first place.
|>
|>Check any archives. He never actually provides any answers- he simply
|>doesn't have any. The best part is when you correct him, he can't handle
|>it and the thread sort of stops right there.
|>
|>In short, he's a total loser, that lacks any technical or social skills.

He's probably a reclusive computer geek like me...hahahahah she was
funny with that line...

So I was wondering with my rebooting problem being impeded, with a
Win/9x platform, where it is logical that a computer will boot with no
problem with a good registry, then on the 2--->4th boot it crashes with a
Blue Screen vtdi.vxd, but it's got nothing to do with the config of the
vtdi.vxd system..not as far as function......

The fact is if there was a bad config somewhere, it wouldn't boot at
all, it would either boot or not...........when it does crash I reload any
previous registry, and the system is good for another 2-->4.boots, it's hard
to upgrade that way...and all the reconfigured calcs of the older Registry I
booted from....

What does the computer learn that makes it want to give up after
some boots, when there is nothing wrong with the 1-->4th original boot.

Is the computer like a person, goes hungry and dies....no but it
seems to be working that way.....sometimes if I change a config and give it
a problem, it will buy me a re-boot....

The 3 internal scsi hddrives are properly set on the 68 pin "lvd
type" woven cable and terminated. Keyword here is internal, all my external
apps work just fine but internal 68pin should work if the 50 pin internal
isn't connected as well....

Robert LaCasse

Nov 4, 2007, 1:08:05 PM11/4/07
On Sun, 4 Nov 2007 09:03:19 -0800, "Eric Gisin" <gi...@uniserve.com> wrote:

|>Why are you using Win 95 and why do expect anyone to support it?
|>Win 9X barely supports SCSI, nothing advanced like command queuing.
|>Win NT4 is the minimum to benefit from SCSI.
|>
|>"Robert LaCasse" <maj-...@majestic.cid> wrote in message

|>> (aic78xx) Boot Problem
|>>
|>> I have a 3 scsi cards on this comp, 2 are 2940/UW and all use the
|>> AHA aic78xx.mpd driver.

Win9x and 3,200 executables, much malware/spyware/sporge/etc. to
kill, and graphic apps/software that won't work with some NT 4....

I do like the variable control of the older platforms, not like
being mickey moused into what THEY want you to have.....not what YOU
want................you know....
I like to have control over my comp, not a bunch of hidden problems
to seek and destroy.....

I do have scsi (command queuing) my other 17 50pin tapes/drives work
well without it....but I also have a drive that says it doesn't support
"scsi linking" in the internal (aic78xx) aha 2940uw 68pin bus....

But then why does it "boot' work sometimes, and not all the time or
never....

Folkert Rienstra

Nov 6, 2007, 9:48:28 AM11/6/07
Well, that shut the little punk up.