aic78xx.mpd Boot Problem

R_ LaCasse

Sep 8, 2004, 10:25:00 AM9/8/04

I have a 3 scsi cards on this comp, 2 are 2940/UW and all use the AHA
aic78xx.mpd driver.

Problem is after some 3 reboots or so, the computer BSoD blue screen
crashes with a [vxd vtdi error code] so I reinstalled the TCP/IP manager which
the vtdi.vxd file refers to on win95/bmide system, but nothing improved. The
bootlog txt says it crashes when attempting to reload the aic78xx.mpd driver
for the other card, and always crashes at that point.

..........Bootlog.txt

[000B745F] DEVICEINIT = VDEF
[000B745F] DEVICEINITSUCCESS = VDEF
[000B7461] Initing hsflop.pdr
[000B7463] Init Success hsflop.pdr
[000B7464] Initing drvwq117.vxd
[000B7474] Init Success drvwq117.vxd
[000B7474] Initing aic78xx.mpd
[000B74E6] Init Success aic78xx.mpd
[000B74E6] Initing aic78xx.mpd

...........END

The only way I can reboot into windows after a crash, is to reinstall a
former registry which is the same as the one being used, and it logs in...but
that is a real drag ater a few thousand times.

Thanx in Advance
Triad Productions-Fantalla(c)~EZine~ParaNovel
National Astrophysical Assault Research
WWWeb>> http://rlacasse.naar.be

philo

Sep 9, 2004, 5:12:21 AM9/9/04

<snipped>

> The only way I can reboot into windows after a crash, is to reinstall a
> former registry which is the same as the one being used, and it logs
> in...but
> that is a real drag ater a few thousand times.

registry corruption can sometimes be caused by RAM problems

i;d do a RAM test or just plain try different RAM

Robert LaCasse

Nov 4, 2007, 12:41:32 PM11/4/07

What's a good ram tester in the Win95 environment......walking the
ram was the last time I tried that in Dos....

Rob Turk

Nov 4, 2007, 2:39:32 PM11/4/07
"Robert LaCasse" <wiz...@french-connection.cid> wrote in message

> On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 04:12:21 -0500, "philo" <ph...@privacy.net> wrote:
>
> What's a good ram tester in the Win95 environment......walking the
> ram was the last time I tried that in Dos....

You want to do memory test with as little additional complexity as possible.
No VMM stuff, no EMM386, just bare hardware. Don't run memory tests from
Windows, run from DOS. Use memtest86 (www.memtest86.com)

Rob

Cydrome Leader

Nov 4, 2007, 3:52:54 PM11/4/07

memtest as somebody suggest sometimes helps, but usually when there's a
serious memory to start with.

To stress test your system, booting off a knoppix CD and running something
intensive like openssl speed -multi 64. Lookup the flags to boot into text
mode, there's no need for the gnome stuff.

Basically just something to get the CPU hot and eliminate errors from
something like that. If you're running 95, it's probably not the newest
machine to start with.