Printscreen in Windows 3.1?

Ric

Jan 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/6/96
Is is possible to do a "printscreen" in Windows 3.1? You know, like the
"shift printscreen" we can do from DOS? I looked in my Windows books and
manuals, but I can't find anything about this. Or maybe there is a
TSR program I need to use? I want to be able to print the entire window,
including the icons, scroll bars, etc.

Ric
ric...@accessone.com

Greg Gargett

Jan 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/7/96

use alt-printscreen to put a screenshot onto the clipboard. then you can
paste it into your image processor/paint program.

there are several utilities available to do printscreens directly to a
printer, like SnagIt from TechSmith.

Greg

Deidre Richards

Jan 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/7/96
ric...@accessone.com (Ric) wrote:

>Is is possible to do a "printscreen" in Windows 3.1? You know, like the
>"shift printscreen" we can do from DOS? I looked in my Windows books and
>manuals, but I can't find anything about this. Or maybe there is a
>TSR program I need to use? I want to be able to print the entire window,
>including the icons, scroll bars, etc.

>Ric
>ric...@accessone.com

It works for me when I do an alt+print scrn.

Dee

Gordon L. Richard

Jan 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/7/96
ric...@accessone.com (Ric) wrote:

>Is is possible to do a "printscreen" in Windows 3.1? You know, like the
>"shift printscreen" we can do from DOS? I looked in my Windows books and
>manuals, but I can't find anything about this. Or maybe there is a
>TSR program I need to use? I want to be able to print the entire window,
>including the icons, scroll bars, etc.

There is a little gem of a program called Print Screen that will do
this very nicely. You can download a trial copy from
http://techweb.cmp.com/win/current. Or you can buy the commercial
version from Janesway Corp 404 N Terrace Ave. Mount Vernon, NY 10522
for $19.95.

bre...@delphi.com

Jan 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/7/96
Pressing the Print Scrn key while in Windows will copy the entire
"active" Windows screen to the clipboard (except the pointer).
From there you can paste the screen capture from the clipboard
to your word processing, paint, or other graphics program.
Once you have the screen image pasted into one of those programs
you can print it out on your printer.

I hope this helps you Ric :)
Brent

ThumperLik

Jan 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/8/96
I have used the clipboard for screen prints, and it can be useful.
Manipulating and filing of these windows prints is resource intensive, and
can be extremely slow. I may consider the print software previously
suggested for for windows that I want a quick copy of.

Bill Watson

Jan 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/8/96
In article <30f03b34.25962350@News>,
Why not use what you have? If set up properly the print scrn key will copy the
entire screen to the clipboard. You can then open paint brush or possibly
other programs and paste and print.

Bill Watson

Charles A. Kulosa

Jan 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/9/96
>ric...@accessone.com (Ric) wrote:
>
>>Is is possible to do a "printscreen" in Windows 3.1? You know, like the
>>"shift printscreen" we can do from DOS? I looked in my Windows books and
>>manuals, but I can't find anything about this. Or maybe there is a
>>TSR program I need to use? I want to be able to print the entire window,
>>including the icons, scroll bars, etc.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

SnagIt - Windows Screen Grabber/Printer

Authors can be reached at

75226...@compuserve.com

or at their Web site

http://www.TechSmith.com/

Ask them where to find the most current
version and tell them I called.....

This shareware product allows you to not only
print, but also to save the screen shot in various
formats.

Charles A. Kulosa |---I know everything important there is to know....
cku...@cpiusa.com |---<???????>
Chicago, IL, USA |---I don't know that - It must not be important.

Charles A. Kulosa

Jan 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/9/96
>ric...@accessone.com (Ric) wrote:

>Is is possible to do a "printscreen" in Windows 3.1? You know, like the
>"shift printscreen" we can do from DOS? I looked in my Windows books and
>manuals, but I can't find anything about this. Or maybe there is a
>TSR program I need to use? I want to be able to print the entire window,
>including the icons, scroll bars, etc.
>

>Ric
>ric...@accessone.com

Paul F Poellinger

Jan 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/11/96
to ric...@accessone.com
ric...@accessone.com (Ric) wrote:
>Is is possible to do a "printscreen" in Windows 3.1? You know, like the
>"shift printscreen" we can do from DOS?

Not directly.

Check out wprt104.zip on any cica, garbo or simtel mirror
(winptr.zip on CIS or AOL), e.g. in /simtel/win3/printer
on oak.oakland.edu (or ftp.coast.net, their newest, fastest
mirror)...

Send screen,window,client or rectangle to printer,
clipboard,file or fax. Send clipboard contents to
printer,file or fax. Print files. Load files to the
clipboard. Text,bitmaps or metafiles. Assign a new
default printer. Change to portrait/landscape. Route
all printer output to files. View or clear the clipboard.
See what printer is current and its orientation on icon.

ALL FROM A SINGLE ICON loaded with windows. Most
via HOTKEYS. v1.04 adds Windows NT and 95 compatiblity
(MDI sheet/sheet-client for w95 only). Shareware $20.

Windows User Group Network's (WUGNET) WinUser Forum
"Shareware
Pick of the Week" - 12/24/95

---------------------
"Programming is the art of debugging a blank sheet of
paper"
Paul F Poellinger 2019 Round Lake Drive
Silent O Software Houston, TX 77077
pel...@onramp.net Compuserve: 70732,3576
pel...@msn.com AOL: PFPelican
http://rampages.onramp.net/~pelican

gm

Jan 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/19/96
In article <4cmigo$5...@news.accessone.com>, ric...@accessone.com says...

>Is is possible to do a "printscreen" in Windows 3.1? You know, like the
>"shift printscreen" we can do from DOS? I looked in my Windows books and
>manuals, but I can't find anything about this. Or maybe there is a
>TSR program I need to use? I want to be able to print the entire window,
>including the icons, scroll bars, etc.
>
>Ric
>ric...@accessone.com

Try print screen without the shift. Then open Word and use paste special
instead of paste. Select bitmap. This should work.gm

khushbuk...@gmail.com

Oct 12, 2018, 2:30:00 AM10/12/18
Facing the problem is common if you are working on computer then download the file to know how do i screenshot in windows 10 from here http://screenshotwindows.net . It is easy and quick way to learning things.