Uninstall Windows?

已查看 24 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

RonTheGuy

未读,
2020年10月21日 19:29:192020/10/21
收件人
Was considering buying a used PC. Booted from a USB drive prepared by the
seller, then installed Windows 10 but did not activate it. Decided not to buy
the PC. The Windows installation is personalized for me; how do I remove my
personalization or the Windows install? I don’t want someone else
activating that Windows install as me.

Ron, the humblest guy in town.

Roger Blake

未读,
2020年11月22日 14:05:132020/11/22
收件人
Here's one way:

https://dban.org/

The US Census, what info must you give? -- http://censusfacts.info
Don't talk to cops! -- http://www.DontTalkToCops.com
Badges don't grant extra rights -- http://www.CopBlock.org
The facts about Climate Change -- http://www.RealClimateScience.com

Danart

未读,
2022年12月19日 00:44:482022/12/19
收件人

> RonTheGuy wrote:
> Was considering buying a used PC. Booted from a USB drive prepared
by the
> seller, then installed Windows 10 but did not activate it. Decided
not to buy
> the PC. The Windows installation is personalized for me; how do I
remove my
> personalization or the Windows install? I donâ t want someone else
> activating that Windows install as me.
>
> Ron, the humblest guy in town.

When you install windows and
it is not activated, this means their is no actual key linked to the
installation and you could use the operating system but you will have
that sticker "windows not activated" sticker, and be limited
to personalizing the desktop. That is it. Windows 10 is virtually
free.

All activating does is

A. Tie the install to the machine. I forget if this prevents you from
moving the install to another machine similar to XP ( which you could
bypass ).

B. Activate for the next 30 or 60 years ( I forget what year it was )
and you could move from one machine to the next.

Personally I am using Windows 10 without any activation, because I
plan to migrate it to another machine.

If you want to "uninstall", you could go back into the
installation and just reformat the hard drive for installation thus
"erasing" the previous install.

What you have is a clean installation. As with an Apple device with no
key tied to it. Clinically Windows 10 is free while not activated.
Again you will have that watermark and be limited to a bland looking
desktop.

This is a response to the post seen at:
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=574421570#574421570

0 个新帖子