WinCe 5 cannot read shared folder on WinXp

test

Jul 11, 2011, 6:10:38 AM7/11/11
hello,
in my PC is installed Windows Xp; the PC is in a network domain.
I've just created a shared folder named MyFolder with everyone
authorization (full control).
Why if I try to connected to this folder from another Windows XP runs
correcly without compile username and password and if I try to connect
from a Windows CE device prompt username and password request to
connect to my shared folder ?

r_z_...@pen_fact.com

Jul 12, 2011, 11:03:55 AM7/12/11

When you try to connect from one Windows XP computer to another, the
computer you're on tries to use your name and password to connect. So
if that combination is valid on the computer you're trying to access,
you won't be prompted. If you use a different name and password, you
will be prompted.

Having to provide name and password is something of a nuisance, but
really helps security.

I gather you can actually read the shared folder, but were concerned
about why you needed to provide name and password. If so, then your
subject is misleading.

Robert E. Zaret
PenFact, Inc.
20 Park Plaza, Suite 400
Boston, MA 02116
www.penfact.com
Useful reading (be sure to read its disclaimer first):