uncle bills dollar

asr

Jul 20, 2003, 7:14:28 PM7/20/03
had to activate xp once again because i installed a DVD player. After
going thru all the usual bullshit with can't connect to server, listening to
a fucken bitch computer voice take my 12004 numbers and tell me its wrong,
then getting xfered to a person finally, we got it activated.... 35 min lost
again, every time i change the hardware.....Customer service told me MY
Computer was not smart enough to reconize that it was just a hardware
change......lol .....fucken assholes!!!! cant believe they tell them to say
that ....how bout they say "Our fucken software ain't smart enough to.....",
and uncle bill is afraid you are stealing money from his fucken drizzling
shit pockets.

Plus, this time I only had 3 days to activate........ then ....I guess I
would need to speak to GOD in order to start using the PC again, if its
allowed at all!

The only decent software MS puts out, they purchased from another company,
or the company was purchased, taken over or flattened. Why don't they make
the worlds computers "smart enough" to reconize a hardware change.....
fucken assholes.

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Jul 20, 2003, 7:26:35 PM7/20/03
This may suit you better:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?cat=3951&dept=3944&product_id=2233757&path=0%3A3944%3A3951%3A41937%3A86796%3A106562%3A106560

Or try these:
http://www.linux.com/
http://www.suse.com/index_us.html

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
An easier way to read newsgroup messages:

"asr" <als...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Erik Pigshit

Jul 20, 2003, 8:57:53 PM7/20/03

It's simple really, your Computer is not smart enough to recognize that it was
just a hardware change.

HTH

--
- Erik -

JC

Jul 20, 2003, 8:48:34 PM7/20/03
asr wrote:

> ..Customer service told me MY
> Computer was not smart enough to reconize that it was just a hardware
> change......lol .....

Did you not know that thats the standard official policy when their software
goes Kapoot? They always blame the OEM when the problem is with the
software.

If you insist for help they may help you but they would charge you $35/$45
per hour for help.

Shenan T. Stanley

Jul 20, 2003, 10:07:55 PM7/20/03
asr <als...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> had to activate xp once again because i installed a DVD player.
> After going thru all the usual bullshit with can't connect to server,
> listening to a fucken bitch computer voice take my 12004 numbers and
> tell me its wrong, then getting xfered to a person finally, we got it
> activated.... 35 min lost again, every time i change the
> hardware.....Customer service told me MY Computer was not smart
> enough to reconize that it was just a hardware change......lol
> .....f*cken @ssholes!!!! cant believe they tell them to say that
> ....how bout they say "Our f*cken software ain't smart enough

> to.....", and uncle bill is afraid you are stealing money from his
> f*cken drizzling sh*t pockets.

Perhaps (as your inability to use even correctly spelled curse words points
to) it's not the computer that's not smart enough? *grin*

Letting out your frustrations is great.
But if that is all you are willing to do, then why share?
You MUST know there are ways around it and if it bothers you so much, then
don't give "Bill's pocket more money" and use something else or find your
own way arounf the issue. Otherwise, all you are doing is blowing steam..
You'll suck it up and do it all over again in a few months when it occurs
again.

Then my first statement holds true.

--
Shenan Stanley
"Just trying to help"

How to Use the Microsoft Product Support Newsgroups
http://tinyurl.com/fkja

How do I go about posting an informative question?
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

How to use Google
http://www.google.com/help/basics.html
http://tinyurl.com/fkmc
-------------------------

asr

Jul 21, 2003, 12:50:48 AM7/21/03
ya mean, quit complaining, be greatful for what you have and all that happy
shit...... psyc 101....

like you said, blowing off steam.....feel good. its a wonderful, wonderful
MS world. Be even better when Microsoft, Disney and Walmart take over the
planet.

"Shenan T. Stanley" <newsh...@hushmail.com> wrote in message

Donald Link

Jul 21, 2003, 12:58:38 AM7/21/03
Hey we all have our opinions about Microsoft some good, some bad but there
is a general feeling that they brought computing for individuals into the
economical and usability realms. They are not perfect and getting to be
less so everyday, but chill out. Life is to short to worry about 35
minutes. Try to get some decent help at your local computer store. Ask 5
people and you get 5 different answers.

Marita McReynolds

Jul 21, 2003, 1:28:11 AM7/21/03
"Shenan T. Stanley" wrote:

> Perhaps (as your inability to use even correctly spelled curse words

<aside:>
Fucking hell. Yet another one who ignores the big picture and goes for the
easy lame.

> Letting out your frustrations is great.
> But if that is all you are willing to do, then why share?
> You MUST know there are ways around it and if it bothers you so much, then
> don't give "Bill's pocket more money" and use something else or find your
> own way arounf the issue.

^^^^^^ And there you have it, folks!
The bleeding heart fuckwit spell lamer
makes a mistake.

> Otherwise, all you are doing is blowing steam..
> You'll suck it up and do it all over again in a few months when it occurs
> again.
>
> Then my first statement holds true.

Your grammar is totally fucked, you laming cunt.

Shenan T. Stanley

Jul 21, 2003, 2:04:26 AM7/21/03
Marita McReynolds <> wrote:
> "Shenan T. Stanley" wrote:
>
>> Perhaps (as your inability to use even correctly spelled curse words
>
> <aside:>
> Fucking hell. Yet another one who ignores the big picture and goes
> for the easy lame.
>

>> Letting out your frustrations is great.
>> But if that is all you are willing to do, then why share?
>> You MUST know there are ways around it and if it bothers you so
>> much, then don't give "Bill's pocket more money" and use something
>> else or find your own way arounf the issue.
> ^^^^^^ And there you have it, folks!
> The bleeding heart f*ckwit spell lamer

> makes a mistake.
>
>> Otherwise, all you are doing is blowing steam..
>> You'll suck it up and do it all over again in a few months when it
>> occurs again.
>>
>> Then my first statement holds true.
>
> Your grammar is totally f*cked, you laming c*nt.

Ooo. You are right. And I even put the *grin* after it to make sure they
knew I was making light of it! I am sure my one spelling mistake has made
all the difference!

Also, get over yourself. Although, that might be harder to do when you are
the only one who cares about what you have to say anyway - since the rest of
the free world ignores your rants of curse words. At least I got my point
across without reverting to 6th grade antics. Perhaps you should also step
back, take a deep breath and think before you comment.

The point is that instead of complaining, I prefer to just do something
about my problems. Something that seems foreign to 75% of the weak willed
"just sue them" people these days.

Thanks for your productive comments. People like yourself will surely
compel others to join you and get something done other than blowing off
steam and complaining. I applaud your efforts and hope you go far in life!

Kadaitcha Man

Jul 21, 2003, 2:33:38 AM7/21/03

> Marita McReynolds <> wrote:
> > "Shenan T. Stanley" wrote:
> >
> >> Perhaps (as your inability to use even correctly spelled curse words
> >
> > <aside:>
> > Fucking hell. Yet another one who ignores the big picture and goes
> > for the easy lame.
> >

> >> Letting out your frustrations is great.
> >> But if that is all you are willing to do, then why share?
> >> You MUST know there are ways around it and if it bothers you so
> >> much, then don't give "Bill's pocket more money" and use something
> >> else or find your own way arounf the issue.
> > ^^^^^^ And there you have it, folks!
> > The bleeding heart f*ckwit spell lamer
> > makes a mistake.
> >
> >> Otherwise, all you are doing is blowing steam..
> >> You'll suck it up and do it all over again in a few months when it
> >> occurs again.
> >>
> >> Then my first statement holds true.
> >
> > Your grammar is totally f*cked, you laming c*nt.
>
> Ooo. You are right. And I even put the *grin* after it to make sure they
> knew I was making light of it! I am sure my one spelling mistake has made
> all the difference!

As a spelling lamer. you should not make spelling mistakes, no matter how
stupidly you grin.

> Also, get over yourself. Although, that might be harder to do when you
are
> the only one who cares about what you have to say anyway - since the rest
of
> the free world ignores your rants of curse words.

That would be the rant you are now referring to that you are ignoring, yes?
And the curse words that you are ignoring are the one you filled with
asterisks, yes? How did you manage to fill them with asterisks if you were
ignoring them? Did mummy do it for you?

> At least I got my point
> across without reverting to 6th grade antics.

You reverted to kindergarten... "f*cked" "c*nt" ... it's not there if you
close your eyes.

> Perhaps you should also step
> back, take a deep breath and think before you comment.

Perhaps you'd care to take a step back over a steep precipice.

> The point is that instead of complaining, I prefer to just do something
> about my problems.

Indeed, like referring to rants and curse words that you are ignoring, and
impotently suggesting to people they should "step back."

> Something that seems foreign to 75% of the weak willed
> "just sue them" people these days.

<sound of ricochet as Shenan T. Stanley descends into a whine/pout/flounce
sequence and bounces off at an obtuse angle>

> Thanks for your productive comments. People like yourself will surely
> compel others to join you and get something done other than blowing off
> steam and complaining. I applaud your efforts and hope you go far in
life!

What did you do in your post other than blow off steam and complain?

asr

Jul 21, 2003, 10:45:02 PM7/21/03
point is, I bought and paid for my copy of xp. Not sure if there was a
disclaimer on the package, maybe I didnt see it saying that Bill still has
control over my use of it by turning it off when he feels I am not following
his rules. I don't register my software, and shouldnt have to. Why the
hell do I have to Keep reactivating my, that's MY copy of XP.

"Donald Link" <li...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

Kadaitcha Man

Jul 21, 2003, 10:55:07 PM7/21/03
asr wrote:
> point is, I bought and paid for my copy of xp. Not sure if there was a
> disclaimer on the package, maybe I didnt see it saying that Bill
> still has control over my use of it by turning it off when he feels I
> am not following his rules. I don't register my software, and
> shouldnt have to. Why the hell do I have to Keep reactivating my,
> that's MY copy of XP.

Activation is not registration, you dimbulb. Go here and learn:
http://kadaitcha.ath.cx/articles/activation.aspx

--
There is no end to human stupidity.
http://kadaitcha.kicks-ass.org:83

Shenan T. Stanley

Jul 21, 2003, 11:07:06 PM7/21/03

asr <> wrote:
> point is, I bought and paid for my copy of xp. Not sure if there was a
> disclaimer on the package, maybe I didnt see it saying that Bill
> still has control over my use of it by turning it off when he feels I
> am not following his rules. I don't register my software, and
> shouldnt have to. Why the hell do I have to Keep reactivating my,
> that's MY copy of XP.

Then you did not read the EULA.

Start -> RUN
type in:

winver

Click OK.

When "About Windows" comes up, click on "End-User License Agreement".

Some parts that might interest you in this argument:

<snip>

1. GRANT OF LICENSE. Microsoft grants you the following rights
provided that you comply with all terms and conditions of
this EULA:

* Installation and use. You may install, use, access,
display and run one copy of the Product on a single
computer, such as a workstation, terminal or other device
("Workstation Computer").

</snip>

Notice it gives you the right to "Install and Use" -> No where does it say
you OWN said product. You paid for the USE of said product.

<snip>

1. GRANT OF LICENSE. Microsoft grants you the following rights
provided that you comply with all terms and conditions of
this EULA:

* Mandatory Activation. The license rights granted under this
EULA are limited to the first thirty (30) days after
you first install the Product unless you supply
information required to activate your licensed copy in
the manner described during the setup sequence of the
Product. You can activate the Product through the use
of the Internet or telephone; toll charges may apply.
You may also need to reactivate the Product if you modify
your computer hardware or alter the Product. There are
technological measures in this Product that are designed
to prevent unlicensed or illegal use of the Product.
You agree that we may use those measures.

</snip>

This part pretty well covers the situation you were in when you first
complained. You agreed to it. Whether you read it or not, that was your
decision - but you did agree to it when you installed and/or activated the
first time. Just like any legal document, your signature(clicking the I
Agree button) is the part that makes that so.

<snip>

6. TERMINATION. Without prejudice to any other rights, Microsoft
may cancel this EULA if you do not abide by the terms and
conditions of this EULA, in which case you must destroy all
copies of the Product and all of its component parts.

</snip>

Maybe I am reading this wrong, but pretty much this says to me that *if*
Microsoft decides you are using the software in a way not allowed in this
EULA, then they can cancel it and enforce your non-use of the product - for
which you should destroy all copies, uninstall, etc.

I'm not arguing for or against the EULA. Whether it is right or wrong, I
will not say. I've done what I need to do to use Windows XP in the ways I
want to. Period. The facts are that you agreed to what you read above and
much more. You did this when you installed. You did this when you
activated. If you don;t want to do this again, then erase and start over
and don't agree or change enough hardware where the hardware change section
applies and you have to reactivate, then just don't activate. The choice is
yours.. Sure, unless you act against the EULA in some "hacker/cracker"
way - you'll not be using Windows any longer, but you have then done
something other than complain. Point in fact, even if you went the
"hacker/cracker" way, you have done something other than complain.

Do what you want to do, but if you are going to complain about something, at
least know what you agreed to before you complain. In your original
complaint, you were angry that you had to reactivate. You agreed to it by
clicking on the "I Agree" text:

<snip>
You may also need to reactivate the Product if you modify
your computer hardware or alter the Product. There are
technological measures in this Product that are designed
to prevent unlicensed or illegal use of the Product.
You agree that we may use those measures.
</snip>

I am sorry if you did not know it, but I am pretty sure you had to click "I
Agree" or some similar phrasing somewhere when activating/installing/etc...

And your other point:

"point is, I bought and paid for my copy of xp."

No - you paid for the installtion and use rights. The software does not
belong to you. Matter of fact, after reading the EULA, I am thinking it is
more like a lease with a one-time payment. Weird. But there.

Hell, the whole wording of the EULA is scary. No SANE individual would
normally agree to that thing!
But.. We did. We are all carzy - or we have found ways around it.

Kadaitcha Man

Jul 21, 2003, 11:15:19 PM7/21/03
Shenan T. Stanley wrote:

[snip eula and huge, idiotic sig]

LOL - you're a fucking peanut.

Shenan T. Stanley

Jul 21, 2003, 11:16:20 PM7/21/03
I apologize for the mispellings and messed up words on the previous message.

I hope others can excuse the rapid-typing effect and take the message for
its MEANING and not its mistakes. If anything does not make sense because
of said mistakes, please notify me, and I will rectify the situation
immediately.

Shenan T. Stanley

Jul 21, 2003, 11:18:17 PM7/21/03
Kadaitcha Man <> wrote:
> Shenan T. Stanley wrote:
>
> [snip eula and huge, idiotic sig]
>
> LOL - you're a fucking peanut.

Hey! Look! I got Kadaitcha Man's attention too!
Now this should get a bit more interesting.

'Cuz no one is more knowledgable, friendly, outgoing and just so damn smooth
in clown makeup!

Kadaitcha Man

Jul 21, 2003, 11:21:27 PM7/21/03
Shenan T. Stanley wrote:

> 'Cuz no one is more knowledgable, friendly, outgoing and just so damn
> smooth in clown makeup!

Whatever turns you on.

Stan Theman

Jul 22, 2003, 12:39:13 AM7/22/03
I wouldn't worry about a couple of spelling errors. Your message hit the
nail right on the head.
I've called Microsoft a lot worse things than asr did, and nearly
regurgitated when I read the EULA
after I had opened the package and began the install. Bill wouldn't dare
print that on the outside of
the package! I'm also very upset with OEM sales by other than equipment
manufacturers. Bill insists
that OEM's must furnish the first line of defense (support), and many
resellers have no intention of
providing anything at all. I doubt if retail buyers are much better off
than I, after trying to negotiate
the Microsoft site in the last couple of months. I'm sure they, as I did,
found the best way to get help
is from folks like you. Thanks for keeping your cool and still calling a
spade a spade.

Stan

"Shenan T. Stanley" <newsh...@hushmail.com> wrote in message

Herb Winston

Jul 22, 2003, 3:49:23 AM7/22/03

Herb Winston AMA 50438
Bonita Springs, FL

"He may look like an idiot,
and he may sound like an idiot,
but don't let him fool you.
He really is an idiot."

Mark Twain
"Kadaitcha Man" <nos...@rainx.cjb.net> wrote in message

asr

Jul 22, 2003, 2:15:53 PM7/22/03
Hoo Sed itt Waz ? U rim-bulb

"Kadaitcha Man" <nos...@rainx.cjb.net> wrote in message

Kadaitcha Man

Jul 22, 2003, 2:18:22 PM7/22/03
arse wrote:
> Hoo Sed itt Waz ? U rim-bulb

Can you do that again? Only in English this time.

Markus

Jul 22, 2003, 4:50:09 PM7/22/03
on Sun, 20 Jul 2003, asr wrote:

> The only decent software MS puts out, they purchased from another
company,

"The day micro$oft puts out something that doesn't suck will be the day
they introduce a line of vacuum cleaners." -stolen from someone...

Well, you could try Linux, but I see you seem to be upset over 35 minutes.
Installing a peripheral on Linux (such as a dvd player), or a new
program without the aid of rpm, etc etc will tie up a hellva lot more
time than 35 minutes (and that's providing you found a compatible driver).
Lets face it, Linux isn't for the faint of heart.

Windows products: In addition to the programming I do on Linux, I use
win2k for graphic stuff and admittedly, ease of use, and the stability. I
think it is rather telling that XP pro is supposed to replace win2000 pro
but yet is offered at a cheaper price than win2000. Go figure. However,
someday I will either have to, or just want to; upgrade. I'm looking real
hard at Mac's OS X. Mac has always been years ahead of IBM/Intell/M$.

Just my 2c

-Markus
remove 4u to reply

Shenan T. Stanley

Jul 22, 2003, 6:29:21 PM7/22/03
Markus <> wrote:
> "The day micro$oft puts out something that doesn't suck will be the
> day they introduce a line of vacuum cleaners." -stolen from someone...
>
> Well, you could try Linux, but I see you seem to be upset over 35
> minutes. Installing a peripheral on Linux (such as a dvd player), or
> a new
> program without the aid of rpm, etc etc will tie up a hellva lot more
> time than 35 minutes (and that's providing you found a compatible
> driver). Lets face it, Linux isn't for the faint of heart.
>
> Windows products: In addition to the programming I do on Linux, I use
> win2k for graphic stuff and admittedly, ease of use, and the
> stability. I think it is rather telling that XP pro is supposed to
> replace win2000 pro but yet is offered at a cheaper price than
> win2000. Go figure. However, someday I will either have to, or just
> want to; upgrade. I'm looking real hard at Mac's OS X. Mac has
> always been years ahead of IBM/Intell/M$.

Wow - you are a walking-talking billboard for "Here's something for you
people to argue over, fill in the details". heh

I've used just about every OS out there so far. There was one point when I
actually recommended OS/2 over anything else. Damn it was FAST in the day -
made my games scream anyway. heh

Windows:
I used Windows 95, installed it, tweaked it, etc. While it was an
improvement in at least looks and some functionality over Windows 3.11, I
still say the larger jumps were NT 4.0 and 98. NT 4.0 gave professionals
something while 98 gave the home user something. (Yeah - I skipped NT 3.X
and haven't mentioned 98SE.. Assume that 98SE bleeds into my 98
conversation..) In the end, NT 4.0 was a pain in the rear and 98 was an
insecure playtoy. ME - I mention so the rest of the world can laugh with
me. That was "Just to put something out" I think. After all, look how no
one - even Microsoft - hardly ever mention it. Windows 2000.. That was a
SWEET OS. Strong, Stable and the start of the "World Mixing" between home
and professional, in my opinion. The problem? Home users were still
confused. Too much learning curve. So Microsoft came out with XP. The
complete and final merge between the two - now the road doesn't have forks,
just separate lanes (HOME, TABLET, PROFESSIONAL) and we are all on the same
page. And as long as the professionals get rid of all the pretty things and
tweak up the speed by doing so, it's as good (better) than Windows 2000 to
them. The home users are pleased because "look, I click here and it does
this!". The next version (Longhorn) - Oh good Lord. I have seen the
pre-releases. I am scared. The amount of bells and whistles is
mind-boggling even in comparison to XP. It's a overly tweaked, I downloaded
one of every application and added bloated piece of software right now.
IMHO.

MacOS:
I have to say I have played with MacOS back to only 7.6. Ouch. Anything
until 8.x hurt my head. Then 8.x and 9.x came along. The 9.x's weren't
bad - they could run stuff and were MADE for people who wanted to not have
to do anything to their computer but use it. No power tweaking, no real
customization options, etc. It looks like this, you install this and it
USUALLY works.. Done. The MacOSX. Best of many worlds, but still not 100%
ready for any power-tweaking people. Yeah - you got the BSD background, so
you have something to play with, but there are some things in the GUI that
seem locked. I like OSX. It's a sweet OS too. It does exactly what an OS
should. Works 90% of the time, allows one to play with most of its features
and look and accepts a multitude of applications with little modification.
If OSX cannot turn Macintosh around, then all the pretty outside boxes
(grape, apple, etc and the new cheese-grater look) in the world won't.

*nix:
Wonderful! Fantastic! For Professionals and Power users and those who have
time to play around. Some of the GUIs can be adapted for normal users, but
God help them if something goes awry and you have to get them to repair it.
No longer are they dealing with their familiar GUI. I love *nix products,
but you are not getting me to give it to 99% of the people I deal with on a
daily basis, yet.

Other:
BeOS, Lindows, EROS, DOS, OS/2, etc..

Make your own decision. Noble attempts, waste of time, still has a chance,
cool to keep somewhere as a timeline demonstration?

Kadaitcha Man

Jul 22, 2003, 7:07:33 PM7/22/03
Shenan T. Stanley wrote:

> There was one point
> when I actually recommended OS/2 over anything else.

And there you have it. You're an idiot.

cquirke

Jul 23, 2003, 2:12:14 PM7/23/03
On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 20:50:09 GMT, Markus <marku...@sbcglobal.net>

> Mac has always been years ahead of IBM/Intell/M$.

Pity about the hardware monopoly. Like Bill Clinton vs. Pol Pot.

Hmmm... what was the *other* idea?

ButtN...@myhole.com

Jul 24, 2003, 8:44:42 AM7/24/03
On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 20:12:14 +0200, wrote:

Wake Up People!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why does Bill get away with it? Because YOU let him.
Next version of windows will probably require you to connect to
Microsoft via webcam, and show your Microsoft bar code tattoo on your
forehead, before activation is granted.
Why? Because YOU let them.
Lets look at the facts:
1) Microsoft requires you to "get permission" to change a mother board
(and in some cases to install software).
2) Microsoft has "hidden" many open ports in your OS that are direct
links to Microsoft.
3) Media Player 9 attempts to tell you what you can or can't
burn/play, and in the future will not burn ANY music without a
Microsoft approved stamp saying "paid".
4) Microsoft continues to sell you cosmetic upgrades as full OS's (95
R2, 98 SE, ME).
5) Microsoft sells incomplete OS's. Their update page is LOADED with
fixes and patches THE DAY THE OS IS RELEASED. 200+MB "service packs"
are released within months.
6) Microsoft defies court rulings, and bends the law at will via high
priced lawyers and delay tactics. Bullying of software and hardware
vendors is LEGENDARY.
7) Greed for money, disregard for the customer is LEGENDARY.
The reason for all the above? Because YOU let them.

Solution???
Send 1 email to Microsoft venting your displeasure in their practices.
Send a copy to a PC magazine. Send a copy to one online cunsumer
advocate group. Urge EVERY body you know to do the same.
Add 2 lines to your email and newsgroup signatures urging the sending
of the above 3 emails. The message will be spread across the country
faster than the Melissa virus.

No matter HOW much you squirm in the pants for the next candy coating
of a rehashed XP........... DON'T purchase it. Or wait 6 months
before you do. (you'll live, and your internet experience will be no
less full, no matter what Microsoft tells you).

The above steps will speak the only language Microsoft is fluent
in...... Money. Bill's wallet is his "glass chin". The above steps
take 5 minutes. You have 5 minutes? I do.

Below is sample addresses if you want to get the ball rolling.
http://www.pcmag.com/
www.bbb.org
http://www.microsoft.com
All above sites have feed back email addresses.

Shenan T. Stanley

Jul 24, 2003, 9:16:35 AM7/24/03
ButtNugget wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 20:12:14 +0200, wrote:
>
> Wake Up People!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Why does Bill get away with it? Because YOU let him.
> Next version of windows will probably require you to connect to
> Microsoft via webcam, and show your Microsoft bar code tattoo on your
> forehead, before activation is granted.
> Why? Because YOU let them.
> Lets look at the facts:
> 1) Microsoft requires you to "get permission" to change a mother board
> (and in some cases to install software).

Incorrect. You likely would have to change more than your motherboard and
changing that one component may not be enough to require reactivation. The
better statement would be "Microsoft reqires you to "get permission" to
change a group of major components in your PC at one time." I cannot think
of a software example, please enlighten.

> 2) Microsoft has "hidden" many open ports in your OS that are direct
> links to Microsoft.

Hidden is another word for uninformed. Out of the box there are many
"hidden" ports open in Redhat Linux. They aren't HIDDEN, they are not known
to the common person. Get OpenBSD, everything is closed out of the box.
There you go. heh As for the "direct links to Microsoft".. How can an open
port be a direct link?

> 3) Media Player 9 attempts to tell you what you can or can't
> burn/play, and in the future will not burn ANY music without a
> Microsoft approved stamp saying "paid".

Again, for the uninformed. Sure. Uneducated people get the shaft.. blah
blah...

> 4) Microsoft continues to sell you cosmetic upgrades as full OS's (95
> R2, 98 SE, ME).

hahah You think 98SE was a cosmetic upgrade to 95? Or 95 was a cosmetic
upgrade to Windows 3.11? (I cannot argue with ME, even Microsoft stays
silent with ME..) But it does start to bring into focus your frame of mind
and level of knowledge.

> 5) Microsoft sells incomplete OS's. Their update page is LOADED with
> fixes and patches THE DAY THE OS IS RELEASED. 200+MB "service packs"
> are released within months.

Really. Recompiled your Linux Kernel lately?

> 6) Microsoft defies court rulings, and bends the law at will via high
> priced lawyers and delay tactics. Bullying of software and hardware
> vendors is LEGENDARY.

A point I am not qualified to argue, therefore, I won't.

> 7) Greed for money, disregard for the customer is LEGENDARY.

Gee. Greed for MONEY? In a business? NO! Say it isn't so. Go Martha
Stewart!

> The reason for all the above? Because YOU let them.
>
> Solution???
> Send 1 email to Microsoft venting your displeasure in their practices.
> Send a copy to a PC magazine. Send a copy to one online cunsumer
> advocate group. Urge EVERY body you know to do the same.
> Add 2 lines to your email and newsgroup signatures urging the sending
> of the above 3 emails. The message will be spread across the country
> faster than the Melissa virus.

Not with fanatics leading the way, it won't. Quote facts and cite sources,
otherwise you cannot win.

> No matter HOW much you squirm in the pants for the next candy coating
> of a rehashed XP........... DON'T purchase it. Or wait 6 months
> before you do. (you'll live, and your internet experience will be no
> less full, no matter what Microsoft tells you).
>
> The above steps will speak the only language Microsoft is fluent
> in...... Money. Bill's wallet is his "glass chin". The above steps
> take 5 minutes. You have 5 minutes? I do.

Uhm.. The above steps take more than 5 minutes. There was that 6 month
thing you threw in.

> Below is sample addresses if you want to get the ball rolling.
> http://www.pcmag.com/
> www.bbb.org
> http://www.microsoft.com
> All above sites have feed back email addresses.

Go for it. It could be fun. But when complaining, be sure you quote valid
sources, present solid proof. Using the National Enquirer type web pages
where the fanatics do nothing but Microsoft bash will not help your case.
I'll back you all, if you make sense.

relic

Jul 24, 2003, 10:47:14 AM7/24/03
ButtN...@MyHole.com wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 20:12:14 +0200, wrote:
>
> Wake Up People!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Why does Bill get away with it? Because YOU let him.

Nonsense! It's because we trust him.

"If you can't trust Microsoft, who can you trust?"

--
- relic -
Resident Psychic: alt.os.windows-xp

ButtN...@myhole.com

Jul 24, 2003, 1:44:32 PM7/24/03
On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 08:16:35 -0500, wrote:

>ButtNugget wrote:
>> On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 20:12:14 +0200, wrote:
>>
>> Wake Up People!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>> Why does Bill get away with it? Because YOU let him.
>> Next version of windows will probably require you to connect to
>> Microsoft via webcam, and show your Microsoft bar code tattoo on your
>> forehead, before activation is granted.
>> Why? Because YOU let them.
>> Lets look at the facts:
>> 1) Microsoft requires you to "get permission" to change a mother board
>> (and in some cases to install software).
>
>Incorrect. You likely would have to change more than your motherboard and
>changing that one component may not be enough to require reactivation. The
>better statement would be "Microsoft reqires you to "get permission" to
>change a group of major components in your PC at one time." I cannot think
>of a software example, please enlighten.

BULLSHIT. I have had to make the call after changing a mother board
ONLY. I personally know 2 people who have had to make the call after
using 3rd party system recovery tools. For your information, that is
SOFTWARE.
http://www.computergripes.com/WindowsXP.html

>> 2) Microsoft has "hidden" many open ports in your OS that are direct
>> links to Microsoft.
>
>Hidden is another word for uninformed. Out of the box there are many
>"hidden" ports open in Redhat Linux. They aren't HIDDEN, they are not known
>to the common person. Get OpenBSD, everything is closed out of the box.
>There you go. heh As for the "direct links to Microsoft".. How can an open
>port be a direct link?

Again BULLSHIT. Try downloading
"XP Antispy" run it, and see how many "common" , "well known" links
to MS. See how many "open ports" actually DO exist, and if not
...known by you, or documented in MS's handbook, wouldn't they be
considered "hidden"?
http://clan.cyaccess.com/?menusec&xpantispy

>> 3) Media Player 9 attempts to tell you what you can or can't
>> burn/play, and in the future will not burn ANY music without a
>> Microsoft approved stamp saying "paid".
>
>Again, for the uninformed. Sure. Uneducated people get the shaft.. blah
>blah...

You my friend are the uneducated one, or do not collect/make MP3's on
a regular basis.
http://www.webspiffy.com/archives/2003/03/windows_media_player_9_review.php

>> 4) Microsoft continues to sell you cosmetic upgrades as full OS's (95
>> R2, 98 SE, ME).
>
>hahah You think 98SE was a cosmetic upgrade to 95? Or 95 was a cosmetic
>upgrade to Windows 3.11? (I cannot argue with ME, even Microsoft stays
>silent with ME..) But it does start to bring into focus your frame of mind
>and level of knowledge.

No, dumbass........you miss the point......remove your cap and you can
see it.
98SE is a cosmetic and service pack version of 98. 95 R 2 is merely
95 with new version of internet explorer. ME is a repack of 98.

>> 5) Microsoft sells incomplete OS's. Their update page is LOADED with
>> fixes and patches THE DAY THE OS IS RELEASED. 200+MB "service packs"
>> are released within months.
>
>Really. Recompiled your Linux Kernel lately?

I don't use Linex. What is so wrong with wanting "completed
software"?

>> 6) Microsoft defies court rulings, and bends the law at will via high
>> priced lawyers and delay tactics. Bullying of software and hardware
>> vendors is LEGENDARY.
>
>A point I am not qualified to argue, therefore, I won't.

You are unqualified to argue MANY points. And you haven't seen with
your own eyes, what I wrote above...........you either own no TV or
Radio, or live in a cage.
http://news.com.com/2100-1001-963339.html

>> 7) Greed for money, disregard for the customer is LEGENDARY.
>
>Gee. Greed for MONEY? In a business? NO! Say it isn't so. Go Martha
>Stewart!

What a stupid statement. No one says making money is bad. Valuing
money over the customers you serve.....is bad. And for your
information....Martha is under federal indictment for trade fraud, and
has resigned from CEO of her own company.
http://money.cnn.com/2003/06/04/news/martha_indict/?cnn=yes

>> The reason for all the above? Because YOU let them.
>>
>> Solution???
>> Send 1 email to Microsoft venting your displeasure in their practices.
>> Send a copy to a PC magazine. Send a copy to one online cunsumer
>> advocate group. Urge EVERY body you know to do the same.
>> Add 2 lines to your email and newsgroup signatures urging the sending
>> of the above 3 emails. The message will be spread across the country
>> faster than the Melissa virus.
>
>Not with fanatics leading the way, it won't. Quote facts and cite sources,
>otherwise you cannot win.
>
>> No matter HOW much you squirm in the pants for the next candy coating
>> of a rehashed XP........... DON'T purchase it. Or wait 6 months
>> before you do. (you'll live, and your internet experience will be no
>> less full, no matter what Microsoft tells you).
>>
>> The above steps will speak the only language Microsoft is fluent
>> in...... Money. Bill's wallet is his "glass chin". The above steps
>> take 5 minutes. You have 5 minutes? I do.
>
>Uhm.. The above steps take more than 5 minutes. There was that 6 month
>thing you threw in.

If writing 1 email and sending a copy of it to 2 other sites, and
adding a couple lines to 2 sig files takes you more than 5
minutes.......... brother you don't even belong on the short bus. You
deserve your on mini-van with mom driving. And how does not buying a
product for 6 months take ANY time. Last time I checked it no time to
not buy something. 6 months down the road.........it might take you
15 minute to bop on down to walmart.

>> Below is sample addresses if you want to get the ball rolling.
>> http://www.pcmag.com/
>> www.bbb.org
>> http://www.microsoft.com
>> All above sites have feed back email addresses.
>
>Go for it. It could be fun. But when complaining, be sure you quote valid
>sources, present solid proof. Using the National Enquirer type web pages
>where the fanatics do nothing but Microsoft bash will not help your case.
>I'll back you all, if you make sense.

Is THIS newsgroup "valid source" enough for you? How many questions
have you read here? How many answers require calling MS, visiting
their update site, modifying the registry to make it work.
You seem to think Windows is the perfect software, and everybody is
100% satisfied with it and the way MS handles busines.
If that were true.......... this newsgroup would not be here, there
would be no Mac's, no Linux.......... after all if it were that
perfect, why would anybody want anything else?
I hpoe I provided enough non- Nat.Enquirer links for you feeble mind
to mull over.......... but then again, it will probably take you 6
months to click all the links..........

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Jul 24, 2003, 2:09:35 PM7/24/03
Any credibility you had went away when your name calling arrived.
Your name calling is nothing more than a feeble attempt to shore up
your poor position.

An example is your last paragraph about "Is THIS newsgroup "valid
source" enough for you?"
Actually no it is not, not if you want to demonstrate that Windows XP
is bad.
No more than going to a hospital and assuming all people were sick.
No more than going to an automobile repair shop and determining all
automobiles are broken.
These newsgroups are largely to help others to solve problems so it is
normal; for people to come here with problems.

Perhaps it you who is not awake.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
An easier way to read newsgroup messages:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/newsgroups/setup.asp
Please respond to newsgroup only for everyone's benefit.

<ButtN...@MyHole.com> wrote in message
SNIPPED

Shenan T. Stanley

Jul 24, 2003, 5:48:16 PM7/24/03
Okay - TOP POST here.. Sorry for you frugal people.

I just wanted to say I was NOT including the text of the original, my
response, and the OP response to me just because it is becoming quite
lengthy. If you search for any of the following on the Microsoft Newsgroup,
you'll likely find it:

subject: Re: uncle bills dollar---------WAKE UP PEOPLE
From: ButtN...@MyHole.com
Time Range: July 24, 2003 from 7:44AM to, well, now.

Jupiter Jones [MVP] <> wrote:
> Any credibility you had went away when your name calling arrived.
> Your name calling is nothing more than a feeble attempt to shore up
> your poor position.
>
> An example is your last paragraph about "Is THIS newsgroup "valid
> source" enough for you?"
> Actually no it is not, not if you want to demonstrate that Windows XP
> is bad.
> No more than going to a hospital and assuming all people were sick.
> No more than going to an automobile repair shop and determining all
> automobiles are broken.
> These newsgroups are largely to help others to solve problems so it is
> normal; for people to come here with problems.
>
> Perhaps it you who is not awake.

Jupiter pretty well summed it up for me. People who start their argument
with brash statements to get attention, I can deal with. People who get
brasher when confronted are too emotionally involved to admit when they are
wrong about anything - so debating anything with them is a moot point.
Also, I do hope that if nothing else, history has taught the majority of the
people NOT to follow those with such attitudes.

When they changed the motherboard, did they change processer? RAM? That
means the chipset changed... Did it have a built in NIC now? Built in Video
before? (or vice versa on those last two..) How about Sound? USB? Should I
continue listing all the possible components that change when you change
"just a motherboard"? Just how many components were on this "Just
Motherboard" change?

The fact is everything you originally quoted was not held up then or after
your statements. You say the ports are hidden - yet you KNOW about them and
Microsoft has them well documented. Sorry - not hidden, just took some
forethought. Also, you completely skipped the Linux reference here. Some
ports are open on a Linux install - depending on flavor. Are those hidden
as well? Do you know what ft/lb of torque you tighten your header bolts on
your car at? (You might be a car nut, so maybe, but if you are not - would
you consider that a "hidden" fact about your car?)

As for collecting MP3.. Believe me, if I had any problem with the ones I
have, I'd let you know. I use Media player daily for music and video,
downloaded, created, ripped from all sorts of things. I, for one, did not
go to Media Player 9 immediately for the fear that MAYBE I might not be able
to play the Terabytes of video and music I had anymore. Didn't happen.
Still happily watching and listening after the change. Still ripping
televisions shows and CDs with all sorts of programs, downloading and
hoarding MP3s. Everything plays, everything works - where is this problem
everyone was having?

As for the revisions and selling it.. Hi.. Mac OS X. Pay attention here, it
goes by fast. 10.2 was 120 fixes (they said updates) of 10.1. You had to
BUY it. It wasn't a free download. Some seminar I went to actually pointed
out you were only paying $1 per item to get it - a bargain! On items they
had claimed 10.1 should have done correctly that 10.2 DID correctly now
(still wasn't 100% true..) It happens ALL the time. If you are gonna
scream murder, point at all the suspects. You are right. You were making
that point, however quickly, that 95 OSR2 (not SR2) and 98 SE and ME were
cosmetic upgrades. Albeit not totally true(about it being just cosmetic), I
agree we should not have to pay for what should have been there in the first
place.

As for your "argument?" to my "recompiled your Linux Kernel lately" comment
in reference to your "Microsoft sells Incomplete OSs" point - There is
nothing wrong with wanting a complete piece of software. How many LARGE
complete pieces of software do you have? All of them have one patch or
another during their lives. Probably less than an operating system would
merely due to the fact that there are more variables in an OS than in a
piece of software that does one or two things and depends on the OS in many
ways. Mac OS X 10.2 is actually 10.2.6 now. And when they get to 10.3, you
think it will be a free download? I'm thinking.. no. I hope I am wrong.
And, you should try another OS before bashing the one you are using... that
"people in glass houses" saying comes to mind.

As for the legal argument.. Just because you can quote a web page, that
doesn't make you qualified. You want me to start quoting the web pages of
the current RIAA conflicts? I don't deny (and said as much) that Microsoft
likely has bent the law in some ways - broken it in others. Fine. I'm not
a lawyer, I don't want to be a lawyer, and if you want to quote it, quote
away - BUT QUOTE and mark it as so. Opinion, even in a court of law, is NOT
admissable as evidence.

As for Martha Stewart, I could actually care less.. It just popped in my
head for a reference to greed. While I agree that caring for money more
than your customers should be the standard - I see very few pristine
examples of that in life. Does Microsoft, in fact, care more for money than
its customers? It's an arguable point. One I cannot completely choose a
side on. As a whole, I would say yes - but I know some Microsoft employees,
and as individuals, I cannot make the same statement.

As for it taking 5 minutes to write an email venting your frustrations, I am
willing to bet in a literal sense, your original email took more than 5
minutes to spout. Not only that, looking up sources and pasting them in the
response - did you time that one? I realize you meant 5 minutes as a
figurative terminology - short amount of time, little effort, etc - but I
was trying to cool you down. Obviously, you did not take it as such a
comedic relief as intended. *shrug* I tried. Perhaps if you had cooled
down a bit, the response would be in the format of an actual intellectual
debate instead of "Nu-uh.. nyah nyah. Booyah!". Such a response would
have, perhaps, justified your points or at least gave them merit and
possible consideration by an audience that you have likely now lost.

And this newsgroup being a valid source of any of your arguments.. Wow-
that's a stretch.
Going by that, YOU are a valid source because you are a dissatisfied
customer.
"A Valid Source" would be one that can be confirmed non-biased, impartial,
indifferent. One that doesn't bash JUST the product in question, even an
equal opportunity basher would be valid. As for this newsgroup being proof
that Microsoft did not produce a perfect product that everyone in the world
can understand and use out of the box without some learning curve - you got
me! So is Corel's. Macintoshes many newsgroups. Seen Linux groups? Good
lord.. Google groups? There are newsgroups for everything. Oh No! We live
in an imperfect world.. The HUMANITY!

Come on. We knew this. This newsgroup is proof of nothing more than that.

Calm down, make a solid argument. More people will listen and perhaps
follow.
Scream and act a little "off", and people tend to drift away from you - or
run, depending on just how crazy you look at the moment.

metamorphosis

Jul 24, 2003, 5:53:47 PM7/24/03
Shenan T. Stanley wrote:
: Okay - TOP POST here.. Sorry for you frugal people.

Do you have enough toilet paper with which to wipe your and Jupiter Mones arse?
--
::
-

Shenan T. Stanley

Jul 24, 2003, 5:58:17 PM7/24/03
metamorphosis <Keyser...@Devil.com> wrote:
> Do you have enough toilet paper with which to wipe your and Jupiter
> Mones arse?

Plenty. I print out all your responses!

metamorphosis

Jul 24, 2003, 6:10:10 PM7/24/03
Shenan T. Stanley wrote:

: metamorphosis <Keyser...@Devil.com> wrote:
:: Do you have enough toilet paper with which to wipe your and Jupiter
:: Mones arse?
:
: Plenty. I print out all your responses!

Great, you need it.
--
::
-

Shenan T. Stanley

Jul 24, 2003, 6:14:07 PM7/24/03

metamorphosis <> wrote:
> Great, you need it.

It's arguments like yours that win arguments like mine.
Thanks!

I didn't really request any outside effort, but every little bit helps. =)

--
Shenan Stanley

Shenan T. Stanley

Jul 24, 2003, 6:17:53 PM7/24/03
And if anyone other than the trolls wish to respond, then that is when I
will respond again.
Trolls are okay, don't get me wrong - but you can only encourage them so
much.
They have to come out from under the bridge on their own.

--
Shenan Stanley

PaulC

Jul 24, 2003, 9:20:17 PM7/24/03
After see this post, all I can say is that I couldn't agree more with Shenan
and Jupiter. Although I do have some problems with XP, most (if not almost
all) of "buttnuget"'s facts are incorrect.

"Shenan T. Stanley" <newsh...@hushmail.com> wrote in message

cquirke

Jul 25, 2003, 5:20:21 AM7/25/03
On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 12:44:32 -0500, "ButtN...@MyHole.com"
>On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 08:16:35 -0500, wrote:
>>ButtNugget wrote:
>>> On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 20:12:14 +0200, wrote:

>>> 1) Microsoft requires you to "get permission" to change a mother board
>>> (and in some cases to install software).

>>Incorrect. You likely would have to change more than your motherboard and
>>changing that one component may not be enough to require reactivation. The
>>better statement would be "Microsoft reqires you to "get permission" to
>>change a group of major components in your PC at one time."

False, in a number of ways. I assume we are talking the generic
rather BIOS-linked OEM variety of WPA here.

As documented for XP Gold (pre-SP1), there are around 10 items
monitored. Of these 10 items, one is software (HD volume label) and
one can be changed via CMOS setup (CPU serial number). In addition,
firmware upgrades can change "identity" of a component; typically, the
PnP identity, but I saw XP "see" a new LAN card because I used the
card's diagnostic to force BNC in its NVRAM settings.

Note that these effects can be cumulative. If no changes after x
months, the counters are supposed to reset, but a string of changes
within that time frame (or a longer time frame, if no "no changes"
period longer than x months exists within that time frame) then you
can have the "straw that breaks the camel's back" effect.

Note also that not only does MS provide NO way to monitor how many
lives are lost, SP1 breaks the Licenturion XP-Info utility that could.

So, customer can drop off a PC to have an SVGA card upgrade, which the
tech can do and trigger a WPA lockout (tech has no way to tell how
many "lives" are left). Client comes back to collect PC, to find it's
not ready and the tech wants to know license particulars so he can beg
for re-activation on client's behalf.

And any sort of hardware reductive troubleshooting (as often advised
in MS's /kb) will kick over the apple cart too.

>>I cannot think of a software example, please enlighten.

1) Accidental or deliberate corruption of WPA info
2) Firmware changes that cause re-detection of hardware
3) CMOS settings that mask monitored items e.g. CPU SN
4) Loss of drivers for "parent" hardware that hides monitored items
5) Re-formatting of the hard drive

>BULLSHIT. I have had to make the call after changing a mother board
>ONLY. I personally know 2 people who have had to make the call after
>using 3rd party system recovery tools. For your information, that is
>SOFTWARE.

Both scenarios quite possible - a motherboard can, in itself, contain
or affect enough monitored parts to cause trouble (SCSI, xIDE, SVGA,
CMOS setting for CPU serial number, on-board LAN). If mobo requires
new RAM and CPU in order to work, then all the more so.

As to 3rd-party recovery tools, they can blow out the C: volume's SN,
which loses a life right there.

>>> 4) Microsoft continues to sell you cosmetic upgrades as full OS's (95
>>> R2, 98 SE, ME).

>>hahah You think 98SE was a cosmetic upgrade to 95? Or 95 was a cosmetic
>>upgrade to Windows 3.11? (I cannot argue with ME, even Microsoft stays
>>silent with ME..) But it does start to bring into focus your frame of mind
>>and level of knowledge.

Win95 was quite a step forward from Win3.yuk
Win95 SR2 had some significant re-engineering
Win98 perhaps less so, but different enough to earn its stripes
WinME was in some ways more polished, but stuffed up as a Win9x

>No, dumbass........you miss the point......remove your cap and you can
>see it. 98SE is a cosmetic and service pack version of 98.

Agreed. And the 98 to 98SE update was priced low accordingly (the
only real must-have might be ICS, if you needed that)

>95 R 2 is merely 95 with new version of internet explorer.

Bollocks.

95 SP1 was 95 with fixes and a new IE.
95 SR2 was considerably redone (much of the value of Win98)
95 SR2.5 was 95 SR2 plus a new (and yukkier) IE
98 was retail catch-up to 95 SR2, some new value, better IE
98 SE was fixes, ICS, newer IE, some driver model changes

>ME is a repack of 98.

Again, no.

WinME was mutated to look like an NT lite, without being anything of
the sort - and this lost more functionality than it gained (in fact,
very little was "gained" by "getting rid of DOS", which was basically
a sop to the peanut gallery anyway).

Some rough edges in Win9x were atr last fixed:
- WinME has a clue that CD-ROMs don't spin up instantly
- you can at last kill 98's "View As Web Page"
- better UI to file type context menus

But half-assed prototypeware was added, with no option to not install
or uninstall this stuff (PC Health, SR, Movie Maker, bloated WMP)

>>> 5) Microsoft sells incomplete OS's. Their update page is LOADED with
>>> fixes and patches THE DAY THE OS IS RELEASED. 200+MB "service packs"
>>> are released within months.

I'd re-phrase that as "imperfect" rather than "incomplete". And yes,
if MS wants us to consider each copy of its sware as much as a
manufactured good as (say) a hard drive, then they should be subject
to full recall discipline as any other manufacturing industry.

Instead, they plonk huge wads of stuff on a server (without even hte
decency to mirror this locally, or supply to sysytem builders on CD)
and the user has to use thier dime to pull it down.

Not only that, but they force the user to dance to MS's tune to
download it - IE only, must lower your security settings, compelled to
use Windows update, no intra-package documentation, no support for
Internet standards such as FTP Resume, and you may be forced to do a
"live" install, getting only a stub Setup.exe that calls home for more

And once you do apply forced updates (e.g. every 95/98/ME user is
forced to upgrade rather than patch IE to kill the MIME-spoofing
hole), these often do not have a proper uninstall; the tendancy is to
rely on SR to undo the process, which is a bad cop-out.

Finally, MS leverages these forced subsystem upgrades to push MSware
in the user's face all over again (that famous desktop monopoly all
over again). Upgrade IE, get OE icons all over desktop, Start menu
base, QuickLaunch, etc. Click one and OE starts to import you mail
and make itself the default app, etc. Try to delete one of these
rammed-in-your-face icons and get scary "read-only" warnings.

As usual, MS pays no heed to the spirit of DoJ judgements against it,
and DoJ et al are asleep at the wheel.

>>Go for it. It could be fun. But when complaining, be sure you quote valid
>>sources, present solid proof. Using the National Enquirer type web pages
>>where the fanatics do nothing but Microsoft bash will not help your case.
>>I'll back you all, if you make sense.

Agreed.

Let's have less "Bill this" and "Bill that" - do you really think
Colonel Saunders personally cooks the KFC chicken you eat, or Peter
Norton writes "N"AV, or John McAfee writes "McAfee"? I often wonder
when Bill Gates last wrote code, and if he misses doing so (as I do)

Let's also see detail. If you make a statement, show specific
examples, indicate how MS veers from the norm (noting that software
industry norms generally suck and are 80% of the "Microsoft" problem),
and indicate what you'd expect as reasonable behaviour.

There are two positions to be compared; yours and MSs. Whoever looks
the most unreasonable loses the debate.

>--------------- ----- ---- --- -- - - -

Error Messages Are Your Friends

metamorphosis

Jul 25, 2003, 5:21:11 AM7/25/03

:: Shenan T. Stanley wrote:
:: Plenty. I print out all your responses!
:
: metamorphosis <> wrote:
:: Great, you need it.
:
: It's arguments like yours that win arguments like mine.
: Thanks!

Wrong; I made no argument, it was a question followed by a statement; you really must learn to distinguish
between the three.
You win nothing with your self opinionated babbling, but I can understand how someone needs to follow up
with the wiping of Jupiters arse.

: I didn't really request any outside effort, but every little bit
: helps. =)

"I didn't really request any outside effort" are you saying that unless and until you do, others cannot
express anything? LOL
Do yaself a favour and FOAD.
--
::
-

metamorphosis

Jul 25, 2003, 5:21:18 AM7/25/03
Shenan T. Stanley 'Oo-oo and one more thing I forgot' wrote:
: And if anyone other than the trolls wish to respond, then that is

: when I will respond again.

Was it really necessary to post your opinion in 1204 words?
Think about it disckhead, what have you written that is exclusiveley different to anything else available,
other than your worthless opinon?

: Trolls are okay, don't get me wrong - but you can only encourage them

: so much.
: They have to come out from under the bridge on their own.

Again, your worthless opinion.

Anything else?

--
::
-

Kadaitcha Man

Jul 25, 2003, 6:30:35 AM7/25/03
> helps. )

<aside>
And there you have it, Shenan T. Stanley believes that delusion can win any
argument.

Shenan T. Stanley

Jul 25, 2003, 9:34:17 AM7/25/03
metamorphosis <> wrote:
> Again, your worthless opinion.
>
> Anything else?

For those not interested, no. I could pose the same question to you, and
am..

Anything else?

You and the clown from Cleopatra 2525 (least that is what it looks like) can
shoot out one-liners all day.
Probably the same person or brothers anyway.

--
Shenan Stanley

Keyser Soze

Jul 25, 2003, 9:51:18 AM7/25/03
Shenan T. Stanley wrote:
: For those not interested, no. I could pose the same question to you,
: and am..

Stick this one-liner up your arse.
You wrote "And if anyone other than the trolls wish to respond.........."
Couldn't bite ya tongue hard enough huh? Try again, but this time draw blood, twit.

: Anything else?

As much as you can take, fuckwit.

: You and the clown from Cleopatra 2525 (least that is what it looks

: like) can shoot out one-liners all day.
: Probably the same person or brothers anyway.

Looks can be deceiving, but one has to see in order to look numbnuts, or is it numbcunt?
--
Keyser Soze

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
One can always be kind to people
about whom one cares nothing. OW

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
WARNING:
*linux makes you stupid as confirmed by linuxfuck Peter Köhlmann*
21/07/2003 13:09 Re: Question for linux geeks...
Peter Köhlmanns claim *"Linux may very well make you stupid"*
Peter Köhlmanns supporting argument "but just watch what windows does to
you!"
Peter Köhlmanns sig 'Idiot'.

Don Burnette

Jul 26, 2003, 12:46:28 AM7/26/03
They always resort to name calling Jupiter, that is the one common
denominator in those posters.

I just don't get it. I have no troubles with wpa. Since first purchasing XP
Home in Dec of 01, and upgrading to XP pro almost a year ago, it has
performed flawlessly.
Understand, I love to change things in my computer. I rarely go more than 6
months, at most, without changing out some components.
Since my first XP install, I have changed 3 motherboards, 2 processors,
added new ram, added new hard drive, added external usb 2.0 hard drive,
changed 2 video cards, added a new cd rw.
I have had to re-activate 3 times total I think, 2 of which went very
quickly over the internet, and one of which required me to call a toll free
number, which took about 5 minutes.
Oh, and I have reformatted a couple of times as well.

Don Burnette

Jupiter Jones [MVP] wrote:
> Any credibility you had went away when your name calling arrived.
> Your name calling is nothing more than a feeble attempt to shore up
> your poor position.
>
> An example is your last paragraph about "Is THIS newsgroup "valid
> source" enough for you?"
> Actually no it is not, not if you want to demonstrate that Windows XP
> is bad.
> No more than going to a hospital and assuming all people were sick.
> No more than going to an automobile repair shop and determining all
> automobiles are broken.
> These newsgroups are largely to help others to solve problems so it is
> normal; for people to come here with problems.
>
> Perhaps it you who is not awake.

Kadaitcha Man

Jul 26, 2003, 2:48:13 AM7/26/03
Don Burnette wrote:

> I just don't get it.

It shows.

asr

Jul 26, 2003, 11:46:47 PM7/26/03
Back to my original bitch, which was not directed at the product, but the
process imposed on me after I have purchased it as in "Paid in Full".
Considering myself somewhat of a reasonable person, I understand they are
protecting their product from illegal yada yada yada ...but to force me to
activate my "paid in full" copy or lose the use of it is bullshit. I would
hate to be forced to call Ford every time I empty the fucking ashtray,
change radio station, new floor mats combination or some other change to my
"paid in full" car that would cause it to not start until I complied to the
bullshit rules of Henry.

"Don Burnette" <d.bur...@clothes.comcast.net> wrote in message

Bruce Chambers

Jul 27, 2003, 10:17:04 AM7/27/03
Greetings --

The whole point is that you have *not* purchased the operating
system. You, like everyone else in the world, can only "purchase" the
copyright owner's permission to use the product for as long as you
abide by the terms of the specific license. If you don't like those
license terms, purchase a different license or a different product --
it's that simple.

Bruce Chambers

--
Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

having both at once. -- RAH

> Back to my original bitch, which was not directed at the product,
but the
> process imposed on me after I have purchased it as in "Paid in
Full".
> Considering myself somewhat of a reasonable person, I understand
they are
> protecting their product from illegal yada yada yada ...but to force
me to
> activate my "paid in full" copy or lose the use of it is bullshit.

Irrelevancies snipped....

Will Denny

Jul 27, 2003, 10:21:17 AM7/27/03
It's a shame that MS don't have a description like yours, Bruce. It would make understanding the EULA a lot easier.

Will

"Bruce Chambers" <bcha...@nospam.cableone.net> wrote in message news:vi7nmgs...@corp.supernews.com...

---

Linønut

Jul 27, 2003, 11:08:09 AM7/27/03
While restarting Outlook, Will Denny grumbled:

> It's a shame that MS don't have a description like yours, Bruce. It would make understanding the EULA a lot easier.
>
> Will

Long EULAs make it easier to hide other more disquieting clauses.

Kadaitcha Man

Jul 27, 2003, 5:36:43 PM7/27/03
Will Denny wrote:
> It's a shame that MS don't have a description like yours, Bruce. It
> would make understanding the EULA a lot easier.

Fortunately, not all the planet has its head up its arse like Bruce does.

JC

Jul 27, 2003, 5:56:40 PM7/27/03
relic wrote:

> "If you can't trust Microsoft, who can you trust?"

Do you really believe that? It is really sad if you do.

Do you really think Microsoft cares about customers?

I thought you were smarter than that. Just how many years have you been
involved with PCs? Sounded like more than 40 years from some of your

Using it and trusting it are 2 different things relic. I do not have a
problem You or anybody else prefering to use windows. But trusting
microsoft? It is sad coming from you. I expected more from you. You are one
of more sane people in this newsgroup. I do respect you in a lot of ways.

You have disappointed me relic with the above statement.

Really sad.....

asr

Jul 27, 2003, 10:47:09 PM7/27/03
semantics ....ok....I have purchased a copy of an OS, not the OS.
NO fucken shit .....
The terms are not on the box, but instead, revealed during installation.
Also, if I do not agree, can I get my money back, since I had to open it to
read the agreement.

Lord Gazwad of Grantham - MVP \(Special Faeces\)

Jul 24, 2003, 2:21:03 PM7/24/03
Jupiter Jones [MVP] asked wistfully...

|| Any credibility you had went away when your name calling arrived.

Please explain why you take this position, it's very interesting when people
who have no argument try to turn the tables and insist that their opponent
has lost all credibility because they were a stupid twat.

--

Gazwad

Freelance scientist and people tester.
Guardian: alt.os.windows-xp
Moderator: alt.warez.uk

http://angry.at/gazwad
http://gazwad.servebeer.com

Keyser Soze

Jul 28, 2003, 11:34:11 AM7/28/03
Lord Gazwad of Grantham - MVP (Special Faeces) wrote:
: Jupiter Jones [MVP] asked wistfully...

:
::: Any credibility you had went away when your name calling arrived.
:
: Please explain why you take this position, it's very interesting when
: people who have no argument try to turn the tables and insist that
: their opponent has lost all credibility because they were a stupid
: twat.

I agree with this poast.

Welcome back Lord Gazwad
--
Keyser Soze

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
One can always be kind to people
about whom one cares nothing. OW

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
WARNING:
*linux makes you stupid as confirmed by linuxfuck Peter Köhlmann*

Evidently endorsed by another linuxfuckwitted cunt *ALW*.
JC & Linønut are just two little linuxfucklets.

Bla...@lawless.com

Jul 28, 2003, 5:55:51 PM7/28/03
On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 02:47:09 GMT, wrote:

>semantics ....ok....I have purchased a copy of an OS, not the OS.
>NO fucken shit .....
>The terms are not on the box, but instead, revealed during installation.
>Also, if I do not agree, can I get my money back, since I had to open it to
>read the agreement.

EXACTLY. Stores don't allow software to be returned with unopened
packaging.
Question: Why does not Microsoft print the EULA on the box?
Have a plastic coated copy displayed for inspection at place of sale?
They have had thousands of complaints dating back to Win95. Why hide
it on the disc? And purposefully might I add.
Microsoft along with Symantic are being sued for this right now.
http://news.com.com/2100-1001-983988.html

The responses made from the MSVP's here sound like standard
Bill-in-training smoke.
"There is no problems with Windows". "It's the best product you have
ever used...if you don't believe me, ask me". "There is NO
inconvenience for you to do what Microsoft wants".

I happen to LIKE Windows. And do not WANT to use Linux, or a Mac.
I would also like a little more consideration when I lay down $300 for
a copy of WinXP Pro.
I DO NOT want to be treated like a criminal who at any moment will
give copies of the disc to all my friends.
I DO NOT want to have to call and ask permission (yes, that's what it
boils down to) to do ANY upgrades to my own system. I have not
"licensed" my machine from Microsoft. I OWN it.

Please do not treat people here with valid complaints, as idiots who
do not know what is best for them.
There is a REASON why Microsoft has been sued so many times.
And if they don't change their ways...it will be their downfall.
I am not a "whiner" or anti-social person. I (and others) have a
valid complaint.
I have read in the past where this was "Microsofts" newsgroup.
It seem like a decidedly "On-Topic" place to voice an opinion on this.

roYal

Aug 29, 2003, 9:31:56 PM8/29/03
then stfu and use linux, pft