How to fix: Compile error in hidden module: Autoexec ?

Jim Kroger

May 10, 2002, 6:17:51 PM5/10/02
Whenever I open or close Microsoft Word or Excel, I get an error
dialogue box which says Compile error in hidden module: Autoexec.
Any clues about how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Jim

--
Watch out for spam block

List of 30 online jazz guitar instruction websites:
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~jimkk/jazzfast.html

Mistoffolees

May 10, 2002, 11:04:36 PM5/10/02

Jim Kroger wrote:

> Whenever I open or close Microsoft Word or Excel, I get an error
> dialogue box which says Compile error in hidden module: Autoexec.
> Any clues about how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jim

It may help if we can take a peek at the computer's autoexec.bat file.

Howard Kaikow

May 11, 2002, 1:47:14 AM5/11/02
IT's not the AutoExec.bat file, it's an AutoExec macro that results in the
error.
One needs to look at the code of the macro to determine what's going on.

--
Please post your response to the newsgroup. Do not email me a copy of the
message.

http://www.standards.com/; Programming and support for Word macros,
including converting from WordBasic to VBA; Technical reviewing; Standards;
Product functional/design/specifications
"Mistoffolees" <misty...@danang.rvn> wrote in message

Jim Kroger

May 11, 2002, 8:11:02 PM5/11/02
On Sat, 11 May 2002 01:47:14 -0400, "Howard Kaikow"
<kai...@standards.com> wrote:

>IT's not the AutoExec.bat file, it's an AutoExec macro that results in the
>error.
>One needs to look at the code of the macro to determine what's going on.
>
>--

Thanks. How would I find the macro?

Sorry, I really am a newbie...

K1812

May 19, 2002, 8:32:15 PM5/19/02
You want to go Tools, Add-ins and check what add-ins you have installed.
There - uncheck the culprit. If it's not there, go Tools, Macros, Visial
Basic - in the Visual Basic Editor window - your templates and add-ins will
show on the left side. It may be a module in one of the templates. Sorry, I
just don't remember off the top of my head where the AutoExec thingy
lived....

Cheers,
K1812

"Jim Kroger" <jimkkNO...@umich.edu> wrote in message