Kiss and say goodbye to Microsoft!!

Stan Goodman

Feb 9, 2002, 9:02:46 AM2/9/02
On Sat, 9 Feb 2002 00:41:55 UTC, James & Carla Buss <jdb...@yahoo.com>
opined:

> > Linux is a serious competition to Microsoft on servers.
>

> <Yawn>
>
> This is nothing new. Everyone knows Linux is competing with MS.
>
> Remember the old adage: "Don't fix what isn't broken." Mine isn't broken, and
> hasn't been for almost two years. Some MS programs work fine for me. No hickups
> on my machine. When I do start to have problems then I will look for something
> else. Until then, no amount of begging or pleading will convince me otherwise.

True enough. But the underlying message is sage advice: There are
other choices available. Nobody HAS to be trapped into using Microsoft
software, which is crap on every level. There are so many
well-designed operating systems around that an automatic decision to
go Windows (in any flavor) is an anachronism.

I question, by the way, whether it is fair to say that "Linux is
competing with MS". That would assume that MS has something that
compares with Linux (or BeOS, or OS/2, or NeXT, or ....), which it
does not.

I am not aware, BTW, that anyone in this thread has begged or pleaded
with anybody to switch. What I have seen is some cogent argument that
there are alternatives which might serve you (or anybody else in the
MS herd) to consider switching. Personally, I have little patience
with people (usually Windows users) who think that everybody has to
use the same OS.

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on

To send me email, please note that email addressed to "SPAM-FOILER"
will not reach me, and will not be read. Please replace "SPAM-FOILER"
with "sgoodman".

The Terrorist Credo: You can make friends by exploding bombs in public
places, and the more people you kill, the better they will like you.