Converting AOL stock quotes to Q4Win

MItchell Matorin

Jan 16, 1995, 11:27:29 PM1/16/95
i've seen folks asking about a way to convert aol style stock quotes for
importation into quicken. today i stumbled across a shareware program
available on aol, called quickstock. the archive is named quickstk.zip
(i believe), and it's in the financial apps section. if you do a
quickfind search for that file name you should find it. anyway, it
claims that when you run the program, it automatically calls up your
WAOL program, runs it, gets your stock portfolio, signs off, converts
the aol to quicken format, calls up quicken, imports the data, and then
either closes quicken or keeps it running, as you specify. i just d/l
it and ran it. it seemed to work fine up to the point where it was
supposed to call up my quicken program; i haven't figured out what the
problem is yet, but haven't had a chance to make sure i had the settings
right. anyway, it's there if you want to take a look at it (it's got a
rather ingenious shareware nag as well--makes you type in a long, random
number once it signs on to aol before it'll proceed--not as easy to
defeat as a simple "ok" button to push . . . .). if it works, it'd be
great.

--mitch

thomasf...@gmail.com

Jun 22, 2013, 11:07:35 PM6/22/13

thomasf...@gmail.com

Jun 22, 2013, 11:08:01 PM6/22/13

We're looking for 10,000 individuals who want to receive closing stock quotes every 24 hours. We have over 35 countries to choose from. WE DON'T WANT YOUR CHARGE CARD INFO. There is NO charge for this data as we are testing a new stock delivery system and need 10,000 individuals to stress test the system.

If you are interested, please send me an email providing me with the following information:

First & Last Name
Zipcode
Email Address where stock data files are to be sent.

Tell us which stock exchanges (up to four) you wish to receive on a daily basis.

What's the catch??? No catch!

Please help us spread the word.

Tom - thomasf...@gmail.com