Explain this - helping a friend.

Ric Trexell

May 7, 2005, 11:31:03 PM5/7/05
I hope this is the right ng to post this but a friend asked me to help her
with some computer stuff and one of the things has me baffled. She has
Windows XP and wants to run a program that is a game for her grandson. It
is made by the Tonka toy trucks company and this is the message that she
gets....

16 bit Windows Subsystem
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system fine is not suitable for
running
MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the
application.

I assume "fine" is supposed to be file. Anyway, is there a way to make this
work on XP? I haven't looked in the Knowledge Base yet but really don't
know what to look for anyway. Why can't a 16 bit program run on a 32 bit
computer? Thanks. RJT.

Ric Trexell

May 8, 2005, 12:21:40 AM5/8/05

"Ric Trexell" <rictr...@vbe.com> wrote in message
> I hope this is the right ng to post this...

I guess I should have gone to the Knowledge base first. I think I found the
answer at this site...

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324767

Thanks any way. RJT.