DOS screen control characters under NT/XP

1 view

Bob Ravenshear

Nov 26, 2004, 8:25:04 AM11/26/04
I am using an old DOS program written in cis COBOL. It runs perfectly
under Win95 & Win98 but when transferred to an NT platform the control
characters that format the screen get displayed on the screen rather
than being interpreted and used as cursor positioning information.

Is there something I need to set somewhere in Autoexec, Config, win.ini
etc. in order to get the program to function as it does under "old"
Windows, or some filter I need to use?

I would greatly appreciate some assistance.

Thanks,
Bob.