Statement on Spam and VoteNader.org

anas...@votenader.org

Apr 10, 2004, 4:50:51 AM4/10/04
Spam from VoteNader.org? (Or naderexplore04.org)

You may have received spam email recently that appears to come from our
campaign, or be about our campaign -- perhaps the "From" and or
"Reply-to" addresses look like they are coming from VoteNader.org. Or
perhaps you have received a message that appears to come from an
individual (if the address is real, the real owner probably did not send
this email either) with suppressed recipients. Or maybe you received an
email that appeared to come from yourself promoting our site.

These messages are NOT from Nader for President 2004, and these email
tactics are NOT condoned by our campaign in any way.

UPDATE: Some of the latest forged emails have been made to appear to be
coming from naderexplore04.org. Again, we are not responsible for this
unfortunate abuse of email, and there is little in the technical sense
that we can do to prevent this as it has nothing to do with our actual
infrastructure. We are collecting information.

NOTE: The emails with malicious code (viruses, worms, etc.) often have
attachments. Our campaign will NEVER send attachments in our
announcement emails to you. Please be sure that you have anti-virus
software and have the latest updates available for your anti-virus
software.

Our hosting service has alerted us to say that Nader for President 2004
appears to be the target of what is called a "Joe Job." Such an event is
where a spammer forges email to make it appear to have come from some
other domain (such as ours -- or yourself). This is hard to prevent on
our end and part of the insecure nature of the email protocol in
general.

Members of our actual email list must request to receive email from us
(either through Ralph's signup sheets or subscribing during our
exploratory phase, or now on our campaign site). When one signs up for
email they must reply to a confirmation message before they receive our
list announcements.

Our public announcement emails come from "camp...@votenader.org,"
contain a "Paid for by Nader for President 2004" statement at the
bottom, and have "upd...@lists.votenader.org" in the "To:" header.
Unfortunately, some of these indicators can be forged as well.

Most of the Spam that we have received complaints about appear to be
forged from email addresses not associated with votenader.org (often
forged to appear to be coming from government email addresses), and have
our website code embedded in the body of the email with hidden tags that
contain random words that work to subvert anti-spam software.

If you are on our lists, you can ALWAYS unsubscribe at ANY time by
following the instructions included at the end of our announcements. You
can also use our unsubscribe page using the email address you signed up
with.

If you are receiving this SPAM, we extend our apologies.

We will pursue the spammers to the full extent of the law.

For more information, please review these resources:

How Do I Determine the Source of an Email?
http://www.aota.net/Email_Spam_Prevention_and_Mgmt/emailsource.php4

Why Does This Spam Look Like I Sent It?
http://www.aota.net/Email_Spam_Prevention_and_Mgmt/spamfrom.php4

Coping with a Joe Job
http://www.sitepoint.com/article/sabotage-coping-joe-job/2

Please contact ab...@votenader.org with any questions. We have received
many samples of the spam and are working to identify the source, if
possible.

Volunteer -------------- http://www.votenader.org/get_involved/index.php
Ballot Access ---------- http://www.votenader.org/ballot_access/index.php
Register to Vote ------- http://www.rockthevote.com/rtv_register.php
Contribute ------------- http://www.votenader.org/contribute/index.php
Contact Us ------------- http://www.votenader.org/contact/index.php

--
may be purchased for $15 a
copy - from IFCO.

Apparently someone is buying. According to a New York Post report, "the most
recent IRS records available for IFCO, from the year 2000, show that the
foundation took in $1,119,564 in contributions. A Not In Our Name statement
report that they have taken in more than $400,000 in recent months for the
purpose of publishing their statement."

NION and Narco-terrorism

As disturbing as NION's relationships with IFCO and Muslim organizations
are, just as disturbing is its relationship to the Revolutionary Communist
Party (RCP). Not In Our Name's administration cadre comes from the
Revolutionary Communist Party (RCP), through such luminaries as C. Clark
Kissinger and Mary Lou Greenberg, both of whom are Directors of NION and
members of the Revolutionary Communist Party (RCP). Clark Kissinger,
co-director of NION and the RCP, was quoted as saying that when the RCP took
over, "it would be necessary to shoot everyone who didn't agree with them."

The RCP is a Marxist-Leninist-Maoist group that practices Lenin's "vanguard"
philosophy, which states that a vanguard of intellectuals is needed to lead
the proletariat in establishing a worker's utopia. It fosters the worldwide
revolution through its membership in the Revolutionary International
Movement (RIM). It is through this affiliation that the RCP is related to
two organizations listed by the State Department as terrorist organizations;
the Communist Party of Peru (Shining Path/Sender Luminoso) and the Kurdish
Workers Party (PKK) are are closely associated with RIM. (The PKK is no
longer a formal me