She would never sleep with a Windows user?

msdos622wasfun

Feb 2, 2015, 10:42:39 PM2/2/15
Okay, so this is something I definitely feel like I need to publicly address.

A while back I watched a documentary about the "Cult of Mac," or something like that. I admit I don't remember the exact title, but the subject matter was about the subculture of Macintosh computer users and the degree to which they are in love with their platform.

Which is all well and good, I suppose. It's fun to believe so strongly in something so it gives you purpose and happiness. The Mac was a very inspirational computer when it was introduced. And I thought most of the film was interesting, and didn't even anger or offend me that much, until it got to the part where they interviewed this one woman.

And I don't even have a hard time admitting that she was quite attractive, at least in my opinion.

But then she said, "I don't think I would ever sleep with a Windows user."

Huh?

All right, for starters, technically everyone has the right to sleep with or not sleep with whomever they want. But seriously, is her sense of ego, vanity, and self-worth so great that she feels like it would actually be a form of punishment toward Windows users by depriving them of the honor of having sex with her?

Wow. Okay, maybe I feel a little threatened by that. Hey, I'm an American male with American urges. I don't deny that.

What exactly is WRONG with Windows users that they should be deprived of such a thing? Are they boring? They're all accountants or pimply-faced gamers? They're not "enlightened" by the wondrous thing that is Apple computing?

And here's a thought. Assuming that this woman has a promiscuous lifestyle (as suggested by her comment), and she contracts some sort of disease, to what degree should I show empathy? Sounds like she gets more action than I ever got. Good for her.

And finally, hey lady -- you said "sleep with." The correct term is "having sex with," or, if you want to use blue-collar shop language, "fucking." If you have enough balls to put down Windows users, you should also have the balls to not use euphemisms to make your actions seem more honorable or pure than they really are.

Whatever. My two cents. The Apple superiority complex lives on.

--
Erich K.