Re: In Win10 Does Typing Have To Always Overwrite Highlighted Text? :-)

Clutterfreak

Oct 26, 2021, 9:19:08 PM10/26/21
On 10/26/2021 3:40 PM, Clutterfreak wrote:

Added one more forum.

I added linux forum to access more experts.

In windows 10 how do I disable editing feature "typing overwrites
highlighted text."?

Note that I'm not talking about general "overwriting" so this has
nothing to do with "insert key" function.

If there's not a direct way to disable that feature, can you think of a
lengthier way, probably using some software, to achieve same result?

As far as I know Thunderbird (my newsreader) doesn't provide the option
to turn off "typing overwrites (or replaces) highlighted text."

I know MS Word provides the option, but I want it in Thunderbird or
anywhere using windows 10 that one types.

Thanks.

Clutterfreak

Oct 27, 2021, 7:33:45 PM10/27/21
On 10/26/2021 8:19 PM, Clutterfreak wrote:
> On 10/26/2021 3:40 PM, Clutterfreak wrote:
>>

> Added one more forum.
>
> I added linux forum to access more experts.
>
> In windows 10 how do I disable editing feature "typing overwrites
> highlighted text."?
>
> Note that I'm not talking about general "overwriting" so this has
> nothing to do with "insert key" function.
>
> If there's not a direct way to disable that feature, can you think of a
> lengthier way, probably using some software, to achieve same result?
>
> As far as I know Thunderbird (my newsreader) doesn't provide the option
> to turn off "typing overwrites (or replaces) highlighted text."
>
> I know MS Word provides the option, but I want it in Thunderbird or
> anywhere using windows 10 that one types.
>
> Thanks.

Should use "replace" not "overwrite."