Got myself a Surface RT...

msdos622wasfun

Apr 4, 2013, 12:25:30 AM4/4/13
...and it rocks!

I definitely like it a lot. Has a very solid construction and a premium feel. As a tablet it's doing exactly what I need it to do ... browsing, watching videos, reading, simple games. The Windows 8 interface really makes a lot of sense on this thing, and it's very natural. Not that I have much of a problem with it on a desktop either, but on a tablet it's even better.

As far as computing oomph and speed, I'd say it's fine, but sure, it's not like it flies like a high-end Core i7. But for tablet tasks, it does the job. The screen is very nice, very clear and colorful. I like the kickstand -- a nifty little idea. Haven't had any problems with WiFi connections, and the battery life is extremely good.

I think it's a nice bonus that it comes with Office. I like the fact that I can look at all my notes in OneNote. I don't know if I see myself using Word or Excel a lot on this thing, but at least the capability is there if I need it.

This was a nice upgrade from my Samsung Galaxy Tab. I liked that device a lot, but I like this even better.

--

Erich K.