How was your weekend?

1 view

Justin

Nov 23, 2015, 3:26:26 PM11/23/15
I see most of you spent it posting here.
Tell me; what are your typical weekends like?

I went bar hopping for a few of my students (I teach part time at a
local college) and then a birthday party on Saturday night.

--
x2w7ipoprfkuvswz
BM-2cTJKPDb8pmp6UKJLrZdhB7SojBJrBzznT

Sandman

Nov 23, 2015, 4:25:42 PM11/23/15
In article <n2vsl4$2pe$3...@dont-email.me>, Justin wrote:

> I see most of you spent it posting here. Tell me; what are your
> typical weekends like?

I kept working on my home cinema. We moved this spring to a new house with a
basement, and in the basement there was this rather large pool room (as in
billiard, not the watery kind), which I've put two rows of seating (3+3) in and a
frame-mounted projection screen (about 170"). So this weekend I painted the walls
and ceiling, built the frames for the front speakers and a mounting board for the
projector. Moving along nicely :)

--
Sandman

Justin

Nov 23, 2015, 4:29:25 PM11/23/15
On 23 Nov 2015 21:25:41 GMT
Sounds nice!
You're not actually going to pay for the movies you watch, are you?
I haven't paid for a movie (at home) for 15 years.
usenet binaries > torrents

--
x2w7ipoprfkuvswz
BM-2cTJKPDb8pmp6UKJLrZdhB7SojBJrBzznT

Sandman

Nov 23, 2015, 4:58:32 PM11/23/15
In article <n300b6$k6m$1...@dont-email.me>, Justin wrote:

> > > Justin:
> > > I see most of you spent it posting here. Tell me; what are your
> > > typical weekends like?
> >
> > Sandman:
> > I kept working on my home cinema. We moved this spring to a new
> > house with a basement, and in the basement there was this rather
> > large pool room (as in billiard, not the watery kind), which I've
> > put two rows of seating (3+3) in and a frame-mounted projection
> > screen (about 170"). So this weekend I painted the walls and
> > ceiling, built the frames for the front speakers and a mounting
> > board for the projector. Moving along nicely :)
>
> Sounds nice! You're not actually going to pay for the movies you
> watch, are you? I haven't paid for a movie (at home) for 15 years.
> usenet binaries >torrents

I do both. I've paid for enough of movies not to feel bad when pirating them. But
I can afford to buy them, so when buying is the logical option, I do.

--
Sandman

Dr. John Grubor

Nov 23, 2015, 6:33:11 PM11/23/15
Justin <jus...@nobecauseihatespam.edu> wrote in news:n2vsl4$2pe$3...@dont-email.me:

> I see most of you spent it posting here.
> Tell me; what are your typical weekends like?
>
> I went bar hopping for a few of my students (I teach part time at a
> local college) and then a birthday party on Saturday night.

Bar hopping for or with your students? Either way, a bad idea.

Snit

Nov 23, 2015, 7:57:35 PM11/23/15
On 11/23/15, 2:58 PM, in article
sandman-90fb20d06058...@individual.net, "Sandman"
That is like saying you have said enough true statements you do not feel bad
when you lie.

Oh.

That explains your actions!

> But I can afford to buy them, so when buying is the logical option, I do.

--
* OS X / Linux: What is a file? <http://youtu.be/_dMbXGLW9PI>
* Mint MATE Trash, Panel, Menu: <http://youtu.be/C0y74FIf7uE>

Sandman

Nov 24, 2015, 2:44:42 AM11/24/15

[X] Thread hijacking (http://tinyurl.com/qgy7cah)
[X] Having an agenda (http://tinyurl.com/onmfaah)

--
Sandman

chrisv

Nov 24, 2015, 8:30:55 AM11/24/15
Sandman wrote:

>I kept working on my home cinema. We moved this spring to a new house with a
>basement, and in the basement there was this rather large pool room (as in
>billiard, not the watery kind), which I've put two rows of seating (3+3) in and a
>frame-mounted projection screen (about 170"). So this weekend I painted the walls
>and ceiling, built the frames for the front speakers and a mounting board for the
>projector. Moving along nicely :)

I was helping a friend with his home cinema. He's spent the last
couple years constructing a dedicated room in his previously
unfinished basement (more work than it sounds like, there were many
issues to deal with).

So, he finally gets the room done, and he pulls his equipment out of
storage, where it's been for even more years. Right off, the output
stage in his main stereo amp goes-out. Worse yet, his very nice
3-Chip D-ILA projector (that he bought used and saved $thousands on)
was dead (and I don't mean the bulb).

What a bummer! He was hoping to have the first big show-off of it
this coming weekend, but no-go...

owl

Nov 24, 2015, 8:58:55 AM11/24/15
turdv - basement consultant

Sandman

Nov 24, 2015, 9:05:51 AM11/24/15
In article <obo85bh56t3l94lfj...@4ax.com>, chrisv wrote:

> > Sandman:
Well, that sucks. I hope I'm luckier than him :)

--
Sandman

Slimer

Nov 24, 2015, 9:16:50 AM11/24/15
Since he's never left his mom's, he's become quite an expert at
re-decorating such places.

--
Slimer
EFF & OpenMedia member / IFAW & PETA supporter

JEDIDIAH

Nov 24, 2015, 11:00:08 AM11/24/15
These days? With all of the various forms of political nonsense?

Playing with fire...

Slimer

Nov 24, 2015, 1:11:16 PM11/24/15
Justin should know that he's a rapist unless proven otherwise. That's
what feminists told me about _all_ men.

Snit

Nov 24, 2015, 2:05:52 PM11/24/15
On 11/24/15, 11:11 AM, in article n3293l$4u8$1...@dont-email.me, "Slimer"
That may be what some idiotic feminists believe, but it is not common to all
feminists.

Slimer

Nov 24, 2015, 2:31:28 PM11/24/15
On 2015-11-24 2:05 PM, Snit wrote:
> On 11/24/15, 11:11 AM, in article n3293l$4u8$1...@dont-email.me, "Slimer"
> <.m@nsn.s> wrote:

>>> These days? With all of the various forms of political nonsense?
>>>
>>> Playing with fire...
>>
>> Justin should know that he's a rapist unless proven otherwise. That's
>> what feminists told me about _all_ men.
>
> That may be what some idiotic feminists believe, but it is not common to all
> feminists.

*snore*

Ezekiel

Nov 28, 2015, 11:11:16 AM11/28/15

"Justin" <jus...@nobecauseihatespam.edu> wrote in message
>I see most of you spent it posting here.
> Tell me; what are your typical weekends like?

Not sure there's such a thing as a "typical" weekend. This week for example
I took 3 vacation days to get 9 days off from work. I'm a huge fan of
maximizing vacation days by hooking them up to long weekends. Gave us a
chance to do some traveling and visiting for Thanksgiving.