Homemade TPM 2.0 Module

OSnews

May 9, 2022, 6:40:23 PM5/9/22
to All

With the recent launch of Windows 11 Microsoft also made having a hardware TPM module mandatory. Although this technology is not new (it was introduced in Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016), now, that most people can't upgrade to Windows 11, it will (slowly) become mainstream. (My personal opinion on it is that is probably a step in the right direction, but Microsoft could have handled mandating it better..)
Several months ago, when I heard about this new requirement, I checked how much this upgrade for me would cost. At the time prices for a TPM2.0 module for my motherboard (Gigabyte AORUS GAMING 3) started at around €150, which is not much less then, but definitely comparable with, the price of the motherboard itself. Not prepared to pay that much for a "free" Windows 11 upgrade, I started to look into if and how I could create the same thing on my own.

A cool and actually useful project - and the required code and schematics are available on GitHub.

https://www.osnews.com/story/134854/homemade-tpm-2-0-module/