Experimental MINIX 3 CVS server

Philip Homburg

Jul 13, 2006, 11:24:38 AM7/13/06
As promised some time ago, there is now CVS access to the MINIX 3
CVS repository.

For interactive use there is CVSweb at
<http://derelict.cs.vu.nl/cvsweb/>
Note the trailing slash. Things don't work very well without it.

The CVS tree itself is available at
:pserver:anon...@derelict.cs.vu.nl:/cvsup/minix

There are two 'modules': src and bigports. Src is the normal MINIX 3 source
and bigports contains all the packages. Note that bigports is quite big.
It is probably best to use cvsweb to figure out package names in bigports
and just extract the sources you need.

To receive CVS commit log messages by email, subscribe at the following URL:

The CVS tree is a copy of the real CVS tree. Updates are supposed to happen
at around 6am European central time.

Note that this is mostly an experiment to see if MINIX 3 is stable enough.

Philip Homburg

Jul 13, 2006, 11:49:22 AM7/13/06
In article <fknq716h30tkikc48d0gs2k0u3@inews_id.stereo.hq.phicoh.net>,

Philip Homburg <phi...@ue.aioy.eu> wrote:
><http://derelict.cs.vu.nl/cvsweb/>
>Note the trailing slash. Things don't work very well without it.

Oops, this one does have a trailing slash, but the correct URL is
<http://derelict.cs.vu.nl/cvsweb/cvsweb.cgi/>

Chris Double

Jul 14, 2006, 10:02:40 PM7/14/06
This is great, thanks for making it available! I notice though with
CVSWeb, if I go to the url http://derelict.cs.vu.nl/cvsweb/cvsweb.cgi/
and click 'bigports' I get taken to
http://derelict.cs.vu.nl/cvsweb/bigports/ which is a 404. If I manually
change it to http://derelict.cs.vu.nl/cvsweb/cvsweb.cgi/ bigports/ it
works fine.

Chris.
--
http://www.minixtips.com

Philip Homburg

Jul 15, 2006, 3:53:16 AM7/15/06
In article <1152928960.6...@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com>,

Chris Double <chris....@gmail.com> wrote:
>This is great, thanks for making it available! I notice though with
>CVSWeb, if I go to the url http://derelict.cs.vu.nl/cvsweb/cvsweb.cgi/
>and click 'bigports' I get taken to
>http://derelict.cs.vu.nl/cvsweb/bigports/ which is a 404.

This is what happens of you leave out the traling slash.

I just checked it, and it does work for me (I tried a number of browsers).

Chris Double

Jul 15, 2006, 6:49:10 AM7/15/06
Philip Homburg wrote:
> This is what happens of you leave out the traling slash.

You're right, it works fine with the slash. Thanks!

Chris.
--
http://www.minixtips.com

Christos Karayiannis

Jul 18, 2006, 9:15:47 AM7/18/06
When I tried to access the following link:

http://derelict.cs.vu.nl/cvsweb/cvsweb.cgi/bigports/X11R6.8.2/xc/lib/X11/

I got the error "Error: Failed to spawn GNU rlog".

Christos

Philip Homburg

Jul 18, 2006, 10:22:33 AM7/18/06
In article <1153228963.793084@athnrd02>,