Can;t update pkgin?

Kurt Weiske

Jul 15, 2021, 11:34:06 PM7/15/21
I'm loading up MINIX 3.2.1 for the first time, and when I run pkgin update, it looks like it's failing making the FTP connection to ftp.minix3.org.

When I try connecting manually via an FTP client, the banner states that it's a closed system and anonymous access isn't allowed.

Is there another system out there hosting the pkgin repository?

Thanks!

Tom Ivar Helbekkmo

Jul 16, 2021, 4:03:12 AM7/16/21
Kurt Weiske <kwe...@gmail.com> writes:

> Is there another system out there hosting the pkgin repository?

I'm running 3.4, and my /usr/pkg/etc/pkgin/repositories.conf contains
the single line:

http://www.minix3.org/pkgsrc/packages/$osrelease/$arch/All

-tih
--
Most people who graduate with CS degrees don't understand the significance
of Lisp. Lisp is the most important idea in computer science. --Alan Kay