What can you do and what is the purpose of Minix in 2022?

bunkermatty

Sep 19, 2022, 6:32:16 AM9/19/22
I dont think Minix is maintained anymore, the last git commit on https://
git.minix3.org/index.cgi?p=minix.git;a=summary was in 2018. Do some people
still use Minix instead of Linux, and what do you do with it?

Computer Nerd Kev

Sep 19, 2022, 7:05:52 PM9/19/22
bunkermatty <justa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I dont think Minix is maintained anymore, the last git commit on https://
> git.minix3.org/index.cgi?p=minix.git;a=summary was in 2018.

There's some detail on the current state of development (or lack
thereof) in the mailing list:
https://groups.google.com/g/minix3/c/qUdPZ0ansVw

From 2020:
https://groups.google.com/g/minix3/c/nUG1NwxXXkg

> Do some people
> still use Minix instead of Linux, and what do you do with it?

I don't. Though for some reason I've recently become interested in
trying out Minix3 sometime, even though I'm not convinced that I
could do much with it.

--
__ __