ANNOUNCE: alpha NFS client for Linux

1 view

Rick Sladkey

Nov 15, 1992, 11:38:27 PM11/15/92
My NFS filesystem for Linux is available for general testing. At this
point it has a few limitations. Most glaring is that binaries cannot
be run from from an NFS filesystem yet. Also, it does not yet do
read/write caching so programs that do not use buffered I/O will be
painfully slow and network intensive. Otherwise, it is a fairly
stable and complete implementation of the NFS protocol featuring
timeout and retransmission as well as directory, lookup, and attribute
caching.

It is available for Linux 0.98 patchlevels 4 and 5 from:

tsx-11.mit.edu:/pub/linux/ALPHA/NFS/nfs-client-0.3.tar.Z

Please let me know if you give it a try whether or not you had any
success with it. Remember to include your NFS server's platform.
--
Rick Sladkey
j...@world.std.com