Re: SystemD

vallor

Jun 3, 2019, 2:37:00 AM6/3/19
On Sun, 02 Jun 2019 20:55:38 -0600, AnonLinuxUser wrote:

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_AIw9bGogo
>
> A rather revealing video on SystemD.

Thank you for the pointer. Enjoyed the talk.

Even though I'm still not a fan of systemd, I can at least realize now
that it wasn't completely unjustified to come up with that system layer.

--
-v

Ratchetjaw

Jun 3, 2019, 9:05:28 AM6/3/19
Cool post. Very informative. Thanks!

--
Ratchet Jaw
The Locked and Loaded Jew

AnonLinuxUser

Jun 3, 2019, 10:35:39 AM6/3/19
Well, since feeb was belly aching about it, I thought the reasons were
very good. Ran across it by accident.

vallor

Jun 3, 2019, 5:07:25 PM6/3/19
On Mon, 03 Jun 2019 12:16:54 +0000, F. Russell wrote:

> On Sun, 02 Jun 2019 20:55:38 -0600, AnonLinuxUser vomited this verbiage
> that I considered to be worthy of my attention for one of a variety of
> possible reasons:
>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_AIw9bGogo
>>
>> A rather revealing video on SystemD.
>>

> A fucking video?

Yes. A video of a session at a professional conference.

Clearly, you've never been to a professional conference.

> Are you some illiterate idiot that can't read above kindergarden level
> and therefore desperately require some talking head to read for you?

There are language nuances expressed by the speaker that are not present
in the written word. A lot of times, people with a paper or other thesis
will present it at a conference as a session to foster discussion of the
ideas therein.

> GNU/Linux is for literate people.

I would argue that your lack of experience with professional conference
sessions is a sign of cultural illiteracy.

> But then that's why you support systemd because you have the reading and
> writing skills of a first-grade schoolgirl and need all the fucking help
> that you can fucking get.

Has someone ever mentioned to you that your writing lacks imagination?

--
-v

AnonLinuxUser

Jun 3, 2019, 5:14:47 PM6/3/19
Thank you!

There were a lot of things I didn't realize why systemd was needed and
what for. Very enlightening.

F. Russell

Jun 4, 2019, 7:57:19 PM6/4/19
On Mon, 03 Jun 2019 21:07:21 +0000, vallor wrote:

> Clearly, you've never been to a professional conference.

Clearly? Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! You must have jaundiced
eyeballs.

I have been the actual presenter, or speaker, at several
national professional conferences.

> There are language nuances expressed by the speaker that are not present
> in the written word.

Language "nuances" are totally irrelevant for any kind of technical
presentation.

Unless, perhaps, one is making a presentation for an illiterate
audience of pre-school children or demented housewives.

Checkmate

Jun 4, 2019, 8:28:13 PM6/4/19
Checkmate! In article <qd70f...@news1.newsguy.com>, f...@random.info
says...
Who here remembers Bill Palmer's infamous "Clealy, Sir" post from a couple
of decades ago?

<de-Fupped>

--
Checkmate ®
Copyright © 2019

Author, Humorist, Cynic
Philosopher, Humanitarian
Poet, Elektrishun to the Stars
Usenet Shot-Caller

In loving memory of The Battle Kitten
May 2010-February 12, 2017

Skeeter

Jun 4, 2019, 10:17:19 PM6/4/19
In article <MPG.3760ac76e...@news.altopia.com>, ricksabian1
@gmail.com says...

> Warning! Always wear ANSI approved safety goggles when reading posts by
> Checkmate! In article <qd70f...@news1.newsguy.com>, f...@random.info
> says...
>

> > On Mon, 03 Jun 2019 21:07:21 +0000, vallor wrote:
> >

> > > Clearly, you've never been to a professional conference.
> > >

> > Clearly? Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! You must have jaundiced
> > eyeballs.
> >
> > I have been the actual presenter, or speaker, at several
> > national professional conferences.
> >

> > > There are language nuances expressed by the speaker that are not present
> > > in the written word.
> > >

> > Language "nuances" are totally irrelevant for any kind of technical
> > presentation.
> >
> > Unless, perhaps, one is making a presentation for an illiterate
> > audience of pre-school children or demented housewives.
>
> Who here remembers Bill Palmer's infamous "Clealy, Sir" post from a couple
> of decades ago?
>
> <de-Fupped>

And a well deserved LOL.

%

Jun 4, 2019, 10:21:22 PM6/4/19
remember fred hall's apologies the morning after

MK

Jun 4, 2019, 10:29:28 PM6/4/19

"Checkmate" <ricks...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Warning! Always wear ANSI approved safety goggles when reading posts by
> Checkmate! In article <qd70f...@news1.newsguy.com>, f...@random.info
> says...
>

>> On Mon, 03 Jun 2019 21:07:21 +0000, vallor wrote:
>>

>> > Clearly, you've never been to a professional conference.
>> >

>> Clearly? Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! You must have jaundiced
>> eyeballs.
>>
>> I have been the actual presenter, or speaker, at several
>> national professional conferences.
>>

>> > There are language nuances expressed by the speaker that are not
>> > present
>> > in the written word.
>> >

>> Language "nuances" are totally irrelevant for any kind of technical
>> presentation.
>>
>> Unless, perhaps, one is making a presentation for an illiterate
>> audience of pre-school children or demented housewives.
>
> Who here remembers Bill Palmer's infamous "Clealy, Sir" post from a couple
> of decades ago?
>
> <de-Fupped>

I don't remember that, but I still have his emails to me.

Skeeter

Jun 4, 2019, 10:48:56 PM6/4/19
In article <c93ug3.7...@news.alt.net>, per...@gmail.com says...
I dont like to talk about fred that much, I knew him well and we was
buds.

%

Jun 4, 2019, 10:50:58 PM6/4/19
well ok , i wasn't really slamming him or anything but ok , no fred

Skeeter

Jun 4, 2019, 10:58:29 PM6/4/19
In article <c9407i....@news.alt.net>, per...@gmail.com says...
no prob, i met fred long before the auk debaucle, i know where he is
now, but thats our deal.

%

Jun 4, 2019, 11:02:52 PM6/4/19
say no more , i may mention him again some day ,
and we never were friends so i'm sometimes not so nice

Skeeter

Jun 4, 2019, 11:08:33 PM6/4/19
In article <c940ts....@news.alt.net>, per...@gmail.com says...
not a prob. storm went away. humid now

vallor

Jun 4, 2019, 11:35:47 PM6/4/19
On Tue, 04 Jun 2019 23:56:45 +0000, F. Russell wrote:

> On Mon, 03 Jun 2019 21:07:21 +0000, vallor wrote:
>

>> Clearly, you've never been to a professional conference.
>>

> Clearly?

Yes, clearly.

> Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! You must have jaundiced eyeballs.

Actually, funny you should mention that -- just had a capsulectomy to
remove scar tissue from behind a lens implant. Zap-zap, done in 5
minutes.

> I have been the actual presenter, or speaker, at several national
> professional conferences.

Okay. Name three.

>> There are language nuances expressed by the speaker that are not
>> present in the written word.
>>

> Language "nuances" are totally irrelevant for any kind of technical
> presentation.

Wrong.

For example, while the speaker in that video is discussing criticisms of
systemd, he brought one up: "Systemd is buggy!"

And he said, "it's software".

The way he said that is just as important as the words he used -- an
element of language that you might have trouble comprehending if (say)
you are on the autism spectrum. If so, you have my regards, and I hope
you re-evaluate your position from the standpoint of those who have
better communication skills.

> Unless, perhaps, one is making a presentation for an illiterate audience
> of pre-school children or demented housewives.

Oh, is that the kind of presentations you've done at "several national
professional conferences"? That would explain a lot.

--
-v

Checkmate

Jun 5, 2019, 3:27:47 AM6/5/19
Checkmate! In article <c93uv8....@news.alt.net>, M...@invalid.com
says...
You were emailing with PalmJob?

Checkmate

Jun 5, 2019, 6:12:33 AM6/5/19
Checkmate! In article <MPG.3760ddc2...@news.eternal-
september.org>, l...@qmail.com says...
If you talk to him, tell him Checky says hi and stuff. You can give him my
addy, but he used to have it anyway.

--
Checkmate Ž
Copyright Š 2019

Checkmate

Jun 5, 2019, 6:13:23 AM6/5/19
Checkmate! In article <c940ts....@news.alt.net>, per...@gmail.com
Say it ain't so.

Skeeter

Jun 5, 2019, 8:38:06 AM6/5/19
In article <MPG.37613568e...@news.altopia.com>, ricksabian1
It's been a while but I'll give him a shout. He was in UTB long befor
his FH nym.

MK

Jun 9, 2019, 11:16:59 PM6/9/19

"Skeeter" <l...@qmail.com> wrote in message
Were you cappy hamper or frogbutt?

MK

Jun 9, 2019, 11:17:40 PM6/9/19

"Checkmate" <ricks...@gmail.com> wrote in message
Nope, I wasn't dumb enough to reply.

%

Jun 9, 2019, 11:19:43 PM6/9/19
those days were fun

Checkmate

Jun 10, 2019, 1:32:52 AM6/10/19
Checkmate! In article <c9h7kc....@news.alt.net>, M...@invalid.com
says...
Cappy for sure.

--
Checkmate ®
Copyright © 2019

Checkmate

Jun 10, 2019, 1:34:32 AM6/10/19
Checkmate! In article <c9h7ll....@news.alt.net>, M...@invalid.com
I used to troll him about his alleged Wordsmithery. Remember his "Dejanews
Mountain"?

Skeeter

Jun 10, 2019, 10:59:49 AM6/10/19
In article <c9h7kc....@news.alt.net>, M...@invalid.com says...

No, but cappy was my bud in the early days. so was frogbutt, I was Wild
Bill.

%

Jun 10, 2019, 11:03:19 AM6/10/19
i was meatplow

Skeeter

Jun 10, 2019, 11:09:05 AM6/10/19
In article <c9ih0n....@news.alt.net>, per...@gmail.com says...
I was Sycho.

%

Jun 10, 2019, 11:13:38 AM6/10/19
i was ishtar

Skeeter

Jun 10, 2019, 12:15:12 PM6/10/19
In article <c9ihk2....@news.alt.net>, per...@gmail.com says...
i was fakey, pretty good troll huh?

Checkmate

Jun 10, 2019, 2:16:40 PM6/10/19
Checkmate! In article <MPG.37682074e...@news.eternal-
I was Florence of a Labia, Doc Procto, a member of the Brethren of Beelzebub
(the famous BoB troll), Teen LaQueefa (trolling Mad Hatter), and a bunch
more I can't even remember.

--
Checkmate ®
Copyright © 2019

Sir Gaygory's Owner's Owner 🐶笛

Jun 10, 2019, 2:20:41 PM6/10/19
On Mon, 10 Jun 2019 11:16:37 -0700, LO AND BEHOLD; The Pathetic
Anti-Muslim Wannabe Homegrown Terrorist Posting as "💩
<ricks...@gmail.com>" determined that the following was of great
importance and subsequently decided to freely share it with us in
<MPG.37683e654...@news.altopia.com>:

🐸 Warning! Always wear ANSI approved safety goggles when reading posts by
🐸 💩! In article <MPG.37682074e...@news.eternal-
🐸 september.org>, l...@qmail.com says...
🐸
🐸
🐸 🐸 🐸 🐸 🐸 🐸 🐸 🐸 🐸 🐸 🐸 On 2019-06-04 7:17 p.m., Skeeter wrote:
🐸 🐸 🐸 🐸 🐸 🐸 🐸 🐸 🐸 🐸 🐸 🐸 In article <MPG.3760ac76e...@news.altopia.com>, ricksabian1
🐸 🐸 🐸 🐸 🐸 🐸 🐸 🐸 🐸 🐸 🐸 🐸 @gmail.com says...
🐸 🐸 🐸 🐸 🐸 🐸 🐸 🐸 🐸 🐸 🐸 🐸 🐸 Warning! Always wear ANSI approved safety goggles when reading posts by
🐸 🐸 🐸 🐸 🐸 🐸 🐸 🐸 🐸 🐸 🐸 🐸 🐸 💩! In article <qd70f...@news1.newsguy.com>, f...@random.info
weren't you also Dick Hertz, Haywood Jablowmee, Randy Tubesteak, and B.M. Farttz?

--
[THIS POAST HAS PASSED TRIMCHECK® VALIDATION]

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB6B8jGSdLA

"Thanks to muzzies and their apologist-enablers like puppy whistle, this
seems to be the new norm in the world. It's spreading like a cancer,
and it's time we admit we're at war with pure evil. We need to put an
end to this muzzie plague, or life on Earth is going to become pure hell
everywhere. We need to get these people out of every civilized
country, and there's only one way to do it. IOW, we have to become
like them, with an emphasis on expediency over cruelty." - Checkmate (of alt.checkmate)

"Pussy Willow has just proven that Trump's crackdown on previously
unenforced immigration policies is working. We'll deal with the domestic
terrorists as needed, but we don't need to be letting the muzzie
terrorists get a foothold in our country too. One need only look at what
they're doing in Europe right now to know we're doing the right thing by
keeping them out, which is our right and our duty. - Checkmate (#1 pussy willow fan)

-

-

-

"I think we should destroy every last fucking mosque in America." - "Checkmate, DoW #1" <Lunatic...@The.Edge> proves for us that white males are violent in Message-ID: <MPG.32c5bfef...@news.altopia.com>

-

Golden Killfile, June 2005
KOTM, November 2006
Busted Urinal Award, April 2007