Thunderbird w/Smart Cards

J.B. Wood

Sep 3, 2019, 9:25:40 AM9/3/19
Hello, all. Ever since I upgraded to Fedora 29 from Fedora 28 I've
encountered issues getting Thunderbird (version 60.8 32-bit) to play
nice when using my laptop smart card reader with pcscd and pcsc_scan
running. T-bird works fine by itself but has a tendency (more often
than not) to lock up with the smart card utilities running and a smart
card inserted into the laptop's slot. The only issue I had with
previous Fedora versions on the same laptop was that I had to launch
pcscd and pcsc_scan prior to starting T-bird and from that point on
there was no problem sending/receiving digitally signed or encrypted
e-mails. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Sincerely,
--
J. B. Wood e-mail: arl_1...@hotmail.com