Debian 9.7 installation

felipeg...@gmail.com

Jan 29, 2019, 10:04:43 AM1/29/19
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to install debian using the debian 9.7 64 bits non-free firmware iso in a HP 240G laptop, with 120Gb SSD and 4Gb of RAM. The non-free firmware is needed by the Realtek network adapters

I'm using a 8Gb pendrive for usb booting and have already tried with a 16Gb pendrive

The instalation fails in the end, when triyng to configure package manager, using the cli installer, the error messages are:

fclose: No space left in the disk
libkmod: kmod_load_new_from_loaded could not open /proc/modules: No such file or directory
error: could not get a list of modules: No such file or directory
grep: /proc/meminfo: no such file or directory
Cannot determine system memory

It says there is no space left in the disk, but there is nothing in the disk. I've selected automatic partiotining in a clean disk.

Thank you in advance!

Anssi Saari

Jan 30, 2019, 2:39:50 AM1/30/19
felipeg...@gmail.com writes:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm trying to install debian using the debian 9.7 64 bits non-free
> firmware iso in a HP 240G laptop, with 120Gb SSD and 4Gb of RAM. The
> non-free firmware is needed by the Realtek network adapters

You're sure you have Realtek? On both wired and wireless? The thing is,
the non-free firmware images are unofficial and presumably less well
tested. It's worth trying the normal netinst image.