How to burn all of Debian onto BLU-RAY

瀏覽次數:49 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

gro...@cyberdude.com

未讀,
2020年2月18日 清晨5:16:172020/2/18
收件者:
Hi,
I've downloaded all 16 DVDs of 10.2, the .iso files are on my HD right now. Now what I want to do, is to burn all that data to some Blu-Ray discs that I have (I guess I'll need about 4 of them, at 25 gigs each?), NOT DVDs. How do I do this, ie. "combine" these 4.whatever gig files into ONE big 25 gig file (well, multiple ones, for the multiple Blu-Ray discs) that the Blu-Ray disc, the first one, can boot from, and from then onwards, can install the rest of Debian from?

Thanks.

Pascal Hambourg

未讀,
2020年2月18日 下午2:10:292020/2/18
收件者:
Le 18/02/2020 à 11:16, gro...@cyberdude.com a écrit :
> Hi,
> I've downloaded all 16 DVDs of 10.2, the .iso files are on my HD right now. Now what I want to do, is to burn all that data to some Blu-Ray discs that I have (I guess I'll need about 4 of them, at 25 gigs each?), NOT DVDs. How do I do this, ie. "combine" these 4.whatever gig files into ONE big 25 gig file (well, multiple ones, for the multiple Blu-Ray discs) that the Blu-Ray disc, the first one, can boot from, and from then onwards, can install the rest of Debian from?

Use jigdo to build the 4 blu-ray images.
<https://www.debian.org/CD/jigdo-cd/>

gro...@cyberdude.com

未讀,
2020年2月20日 晚上8:07:472020/2/20
收件者:
On Wednesday, 19 February 2020 00:40:29 UTC+5:30, Pascal Hambourg wrote:

> Use jigdo to build the 4 blu-ray images.
> <https://www.debian.org/CD/jigdo-cd/>

Er - how do I use it to build the Blu-Ray images FROM the DVD images? All the docs talk about how to build the *DVD images* themselves....? :(

Ammammata

未讀,
2020年2月21日 凌晨2:47:462020/2/21
收件者:
Il giorno Tue 18 Feb 2020 11:16:15a, ** ha inviato su
comp.os.linux.setup il messaggio
news:ce8cfb2a-bb1d-4dcc...@googlegroups.com. Vediamo cosa
ha scritto:

> I've downloaded all 16 DVDs of 10.2, the .iso files are on my HD right
> now. Now what I want to do, is to burn all that data to some Blu-Ray
> discs that I have

why not on a single USB 64Gb pendrive?

--
/-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ T /-\
-=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- - -=-

Anssi Saari

未讀,
2020年2月21日 凌晨2:58:312020/2/21
收件者:
I've never used Jigdo but at least
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/JigdoDownloadHowto seems to indicate
it will ask what images you already have.

Pascal Hambourg

未讀,
2020年2月21日 下午5:15:152020/2/21
收件者:
Le 21/02/2020 à 02:07, gro...@cyberdude.com a écrit :
> On Wednesday, 19 February 2020 00:40:29 UTC+5:30, Pascal Hambourg wrote:
>
>> Use jigdo to build the 4 blu-ray images.
>> <https://www.debian.org/CD/jigdo-cd/>
>
> Er - how do I use it to build the Blu-Ray images FROM the DVD images?

I did not say you could use the DVD images to build the blu-ray images.
Jigdo uses a Debian mirror to download the packages and build the
images. Unless you can use the DVD images to build a local mirror or
populate jigdo's temporary download directory, I am afraid they are useless.

gro...@cyberdude.com

未讀,
2020年2月23日 凌晨3:13:132020/2/23
收件者:
On Friday, 21 February 2020 13:17:46 UTC+5:30, Ammammata wrote:

> why not on a single USB 64Gb pendrive?

because I don't have 1, and because I want a PERMANENT (ie. NON-WRITABLE TO) copy!

gro...@cyberdude.com

未讀,
2020年2月23日 凌晨3:15:492020/2/23
收件者:
On Friday, 21 February 2020 13:28:31 UTC+5:30, Anssi Saari wrote:

> I've never used Jigdo but at least
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/JigdoDownloadHowto seems to indicate
> it will ask what images you already have.

I don't follow you - I have used jigdo to d/l the iso files I *have*, all complete - how will it help me make the BLU-RAY images out of them? THAT was my question....

The Natural Philosopher

未讀,
2020年2月23日 凌晨4:09:552020/2/23
收件者:
It wont. If you want to get to there, you don't start from there.
Is my understanding

--
There is nothing a fleet of dispatchable nuclear power plants cannot do
that cannot be done worse and more expensively and with higher carbon

Harri

未讀,
2020年2月23日 清晨6:08:042020/2/23
收件者:
gro...@cyberdude.com wrote:
> Hi,
> I've downloaded all 16 DVDs of 10.2, the .iso files are on my HD right now. Now what I want to do, is to burn all that data to some Blu-Ray discs that I have (I guess I'll need about 4 of them, at 25 gigs each?), NOT DVDs. How do I do this, ie. "combine" these 4.whatever gig files into ONE big 25 gig file (well, multiple ones, for the multiple Blu-Ray discs) that the Blu-Ray disc, the first one, can boot from, and from then onwards, can install the rest of Debian from?

I wouldn't try the impossible.

DVD images go to DVD disks.
Blu-Ray images go to Blu-Ray disks.

--

Harri

Anssi Saari

未讀,
2020年2月23日 清晨6:44:382020/2/23
收件者:
And that's what I tried to answer. This part from the link above led me
to believe you could:

"Supply previous CD image

Jigdo will then download a copy of the .jigdo file and prompt you for
any previous images you have to base the download from. Here you can
point Jigdo to an existing burned copy of the CD image, or loop-mounted
ISO image (see MountIso). (eg. /media/cdrom or /media/cdimage)"

Are you saying this is wrong and Jigdo can't used like that?

The Natural Philosopher

未讀,
2020年2月23日 清晨6:46:002020/2/23
收件者:
At some level presumably one mounts the ISOs extracts the files builds a
file tree for one big image and burns a new ISO.

--
“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the
other is to refuse to believe what is true.”

—Soren Kierkegaard

Anssi Saari

未讀,
2020年2月23日 上午10:19:542020/2/23
收件者:
The Natural Philosopher <t...@invalid.invalid> writes:

> At some level presumably one mounts the ISOs extracts the files builds
> a file tree for one big image and burns a new ISO.

Yes. As I understand it, Jigdo can do exactly this, specifically in such
a way that the directory structure is what Debian installer expects and
so the resulting BDs can be used for installaing.

gro...@cyberdude.com

未讀,
2020年2月27日 晚上8:33:082020/2/27
收件者:
Yes, HOW please? How do I tell it to build *Blu-ray* size images to burn??

Anssi Saari

未讀,
2020年2月29日 清晨5:28:502020/2/29
收件者:
Point Jigdo to the jigdo file for creating BD images. See
https://www.debian.org/CD/jigdo-cd/ and
https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current/amd64/jigdo-bd/

gro...@cyberdude.com

未讀,
2020年2月29日 上午10:34:572020/2/29
收件者:
On Saturday, 29 February 2020 15:58:50 UTC+5:30, Anssi Saari wrote:

> Point Jigdo to the jigdo file for creating BD images. See
> https://www.debian.org/CD/jigdo-cd/ and
> https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current/amd64/jigdo-bd/

Er - are you sure that won't start getting it from the net all over again or something? How do I tell it I already *HAVE* 16 DVD .isos? It won't delete them or something in a moment of lunacy, will it?

Bobbie Sellers

未讀,
2020年2月29日 下午1:03:422020/2/29
收件者:
Computer programs do not have moments of Lunacy, users, coders and
other human agencies demand things that antithetical to the computer
program.
I have downloaded plenty of stuff that was useless. You might
have done that. Read the documents and see if you can point 'jigdo' at
the directory full of your downloads. You might have to disassemble the
DVD iso files to make the downloads useful.

Personally I think you are sort of reaching to create BD boot images.
May your reach not exceed your grasp.

bliss

--
bliss dash SF 4 ever at dslextreme dot com

Pascal Hambourg

未讀,
2020年2月29日 下午2:26:362020/2/29
收件者:
Le 29/02/2020 à 16:34, gro...@cyberdude.com a écrit :
> On Saturday, 29 February 2020 15:58:50 UTC+5:30, Anssi Saari wrote:
>
>> Point Jigdo to the jigdo file for creating BD images. See
>> https://www.debian.org/CD/jigdo-cd/ and
>> https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current/amd64/jigdo-bd/
>
> Er - are you sure that won't start getting it from the net all over again or something? How do I tell it I already *HAVE* 16 DVD .isos?
Jigdo does not care about your other ISO images. Quoting my own previous
reply :

"I did not say you could use the DVD images to build the blu-ray images.
Jigdo uses a Debian mirror to download the packages and build the
images. Unless you can use the DVD images to build a local mirror or
populate jigdo's temporary download directory, I am afraid they are
useless."

Maybe you can extract *.deb files from the DVD ISO images into jigdo's
temporary dowload directory.

Anssi Saari

未讀,
2020年3月2日 凌晨3:42:492020/3/2
收件者:
gro...@cyberdude.com writes:

> On Saturday, 29 February 2020 15:58:50 UTC+5:30, Anssi Saari wrote:
>
>> Point Jigdo to the jigdo file for creating BD images. See
>> https://www.debian.org/CD/jigdo-cd/ and
>> https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current/amd64/jigdo-bd/
>
> Er - are you sure that won't start getting it from the net all over
> again or something?

No. Information on the topic seems to indicate it won't if that's your
wish.

> How do I tell it I already *HAVE* 16 DVD .isos?

I already answered that. OTOH, Pascal Hambourg contradicts me on this so
I suppose you're on your own. I don't want to be involved any further.

> It won't delete them or something in a moment of lunacy, will it?

I have no idea.

Carlos E. R.

未讀,
2020年3月2日 清晨6:54:322020/3/2
收件者:
Hardlink the isos on another directory, and then it can not delete both.

--
Cheers,
Carlos E.R.